At the MVLC, volunteer attorneys and Marquette law students serve the Milwaukee community by providing brief, pro bono legal advice and referral services to individuals in need of brief legal advice, while providing students with the opportunity to serve the community, enhance their classroom learning, observe practicing attorneys, and be mentored by attorneys.
- To provide free, brief legal advice and referrals to individuals who would otherwise have limited or no access to the civil legal system.
- To provide a hands-on, real life, educational experience for students and to assist them in acquiring and developing skills necessary to practice law, all under the guidance of actual legal practitioners.
- To instill in the volunteer law students a recognition of their unique societal role and privilege as future members of the legal profession and the corresponding pro bono obligations of the profession.
- To reinforce and affirm the commitment of both the volunteer students and lawyers to be Marquette Lawyers, through association with other Marquette Lawyers donating time and talent to pro bono activities.
- To fulfill the Jesuit and Ignatian mission to be a person for others.
Members of the 2015-2016 Student Advisory Board
Pictured above from left to right: Cassie Van Gompel, Lauren Maddente, Kasey Parks, Nick Sulpizio, Jill Halverson, Melissa Maldonado, Jessica Lothman, Tyler Helsel, Erica Stoltz, and Aimee McGinty. Not pictured: Morgan Van Royan and Adam Vanderwerff.
MVLC Advisory Board
Pictured above from left to right: BJ Westfahl, Westfahl & Westfahl, S.C.; Katie Perhach, Quarles & Brady LLP; Judge Laura Gramling Perez, Milwaukee County; Katrina Hull, Michael Best & Friedrich LLP; Lars Gulbrandsen, Quarles & Brady LLP; Amy Wochos, Milwaukee County; Julie Darnieder, Founder and Advisory Board Chair.
Recent Volunteer Newsletters
- May/June 2016
- March/April 2016
- January/February 2016
- November/December 2015
- September/October 2015
- July/August 2015
- May/June 2015
- March/April 2015
- January/February 2015