Brown Bag CLE Series
The Marquette Volunteer Legal Clinics (MVLC) and Legal Action of Wisconsin's Volunteer Lawyers Project (VLP) offer a free Brown Bag Lunch Series throughout each academic year at the Marquette University Law School. The series is highly recommended for all MVLC and VLP volunteers and is also open to the community. You can attend in person or online. All presentations are from 12:10-1:00 p.m.
Commissioner Dorsey graduated from the University of Minnesota Law School in 1992 and became a prosecutor in the Milwaukee County District Attorney’s Office. As a prosecutor, Commissioner Dorsey handled a variety of cases including misdemeanor, felony, juvenile and civil cases.
As presiding Court Commissioner, Commissioner Dorsey handles all administrative functions and court assignments for the 10 Judicial Court Commissioners assigned to preside over Small Claims, Criminal, Traffic and Juvenile Courts.
- Download the flyer for more information on the 2014-2015 session here.
- MVLC Brown Bag CLEs Frequently Asked Questions
- We will continue to offer continuing legal educations credits for the programs for individuals participating in the live program. Questions may be asked of the presenters. An attendance code will be read in two parts during the presentation to be reported on the online attendance form.
- Pre-registration is required.
- Registration links are provided below under the listing for each month's presentation.
- CLE credit can only be given to in-person attendees and online attendees who view the live version of the presentation. Click here for details.
Registration is open for all presentations here.
- March 12 - Milwaukee County Small Claims Procedures presented by Maria Dorsey, Milwaukee County Court Commissioner
- April 9 - Same-sex Marriage and Domestic Partnerships in Wisconsin presented by Kathy Charlton, Hawks Quindel S.C.
Katherine L. Charlton - Katherine L. Charlton is an attorney/shareholder in the Milwaukee law firm Hawks Quindel, S.C. Charlton holds degrees from Bryn Mawr College and the Vermont Law School. She is the General Counsel for the Metropolitan Milwaukee Fair Housing Council, Inc., the immediate past chair of the State Bar of Wisconsin’s Legal Assistance Committee, and a Program Co-Chair of the State Bar’s Annual Employment Law Update. She previously served in leadership roles for the State Bar’s Individual Rights and Responsibilities Section, and the Milwaukee Bar Association’s Labor and Employment Section. She focuses her practice in employment law (representing employees), family and fair housing law. She has been listed in Best Lawyers in America since 2001 and identified as a Wisconsin SuperLawyer since 2007 for employment law. Charlton has authored numerous employment-related chapters in State Bar of Wisconsin publications, including an upcoming new publication concerning representing LGBT clients. She has received numerous awards from state and local organizations for her pro bono work.
NOTE THAT WE ARE ONLY ABLE TO PROVIDE CLE FOR LIVE VIEWINGS OF PRESENTATIONS.
Archived presentations are not approved for CLE.
Click Here to access the catalogue of archived presentations. In the archives, presentation handouts are available under "Links."
If you are having problems viewing the presentations, try using a different browser.