The Sports Facility Reports "SFR" online newsletter was created in 2000 to provide interested individuals within the sports industry with information about teams, sports facilities, the development of new facilities, revenue streams, lease agreements, and other reference information related to sports facility. SFR is now published annually on the National Sports Law Institute's website.
Although each issue contains different feature articles and reports, since its creation SFR has included FACILITY UPDATE CHARTS providing specific information related to facilities in various sports leagues.
- From 2000 until 2005 these reports focused on the 4 major U.S. sports leagues (MLB, NBA, NHL, NFL).
- In 2005, charts devoted to professional soccer and minor league facilities for all sports were added.
- In 2006, a chart devoted to motorsports was added.
- In 2010, a chart devoted to green sports facility issues was added.
- In 2011, a chart devoted to major college football and bowl games was added (in production).
SFR is available as part of the various National Sports Law Institute membership categories.
SPORTS FACILITY REPORTS
Volume 14 (Summer 2013)
- A Comparison of Team Values in Professional Sports (2003-2012).
- A New Milwaukee Sports and Entertainment Arena? Divining the Benefits and Dividing the Costs
- Review of Economic Impact of Selected Professional Sports Venues and Downtown Revitalization Efforts in Oklahoma City
Volume 13 (Summer 2012)
- Sports.Comm: It Takes A Village To Build a Sports Facility
- Four Decades of Facility Naming Rights: What Have We Learned and Where Are We Going?
- The Development of a Professional Sports Facility: A Lawyer’s Perspective
Volume 12 (Summer 2011)
- The Current State of Sports Facility Naming Rights,
- The Development of a Professional Sports Facility: Economics, Politics, Laws, and Agreements
Volume 11 (Summer 2010)
- The Greening of Professional Sports: Developing Professional Responsibility and Ethical Challenges for Sports Attorneys.
- Developing Green Regulation and the Potential Impact on the Sports Industry.
- Green Facility Resource List
- Major League Stadium/Arena Referendum Information (2001-2010)
Volume 10 (Summer 2009)
- Analysis of Sports Facility Costs and Development from 1989-2009.
- An Economic and Legal Analysis of the Professional Sports Facility Lease.
Volume 9 (Summer 2008)
- Professional Sports Facilities: The Costs, the Public, the Benefits and the Law of the Deal
- ARTICLE: Resurgence of the NHL
Volume 8 (Summer 2007)
- REPORT: A Comparison of Team Values in Professional Team Sports - 2 Year Update
Volume 7 (Summer 2006)
- Facility Financing Cases
Volume 6 (Summer 2005)
- The Cost of Attending Professional Sports
- A Comparison of Team Values in Professional Team Sports
- 2004 Naming Rights Review: NR Field Sees Fourth Biggest Year to Date
- Naming Rights Industry Continues Strong in 2004 Calendar Year
- Economic Costs of the Athens Olympic Construction Delays
- Updated Sports Facility Reference List
- Sports Facility Development Presentation
- Team/Facility Websites
- Fitchratings Reports
- NHL Finances: Skating on Thin Ice
- Sports Facility Issues Websites
- Sports Facility Reference List
- Major League Baseball Contraction Cases
- Litigation Impacting the Professional Sports Facility
- Sports Facilities and The Americans With Disabilities Act
- What Are the Benefits of Hosting a Major League Sports Franchise?
- An Overview of Major League Facility Leases and How They Are Negotiated
- Corporations Go Back to School: Colleges Attract Naming Rights Deals
- Major League Sport Stadium/Arena Referendum's
- Major League Sport Relocation History
- Sports Facility Presentations (Naming Rights Deals & the Facility Boom)
- Construction Cost Overruns
- Recent Franchise Sales
- Sports Facilities & Development
- Stadium and Arena History Reports
- The Sports Facility Boom
- Baseball Stadium History