Pro Bono Training & Scheduling
Each semester, trainings are hosted for students getting involved in pro bono projects. Recorded training sessions are available for students unable to attend live. Online viewing links are posted below.
In conjunction with completing a pro bono training, students must submit the Pro Bono Code of Conduct and read the accompanying memorandum regarding the professional responsibilities of law students engaged in pro bono work. Students also should review the Pro Bono FAQs to answer any questions about pro bono generally or a particular project.
- Marquette Volunteer Legal Clinics (MVLC) Training Materials, including supplemental training videos
- Civil and Family Law Clinics
- Small Business Clinic
- Nonprofit Clinic
- Immigration Clinic
- Mobile Legal Clinic
- Rural Clinic
- Milwaukee Justice Center (MJC)
- Family Law Forms Clinic Training Video and Supplemental Training Materials
- Civil Legal Help Line Training Materials
- Expungement and Pardon Clinic Training Materials:
- Adult Guardianship Forms Clinic Training Materials
- Parenting Conferences Training Materials to be Provided by Project Supervisor
- Legal Action of Wisconsin
- Kids Matter, Inc.
- Private Minor Guardianship Forms Clinic Training Materials to be Provided by Project Supervisor
Sojourner Family Peace Center
Domestic Violence Research Project Training Materials to be Provided by Project Supervisor
- Marquette Volunteer Legal Clinics Estate Planning Clinic Training Materials
Not currently offered:
Fill out the scheduling form to be scheduled for pro bono in spring 2023.
Brand new to pro bono? It's easy to get involved!
Simply watch the most recent pro bono opportunities panel and information session (recorded August 23, 2022). Refer to the pro bono opportunities listing while you watch and submit the pro bono scheduling survey to get set up with a pro bono schedule. (Note: any projects not listed on the pro bono scheduling survey are already full for the semester.)