The Career Planning Center (CPC) invites 1Ls to attend CAREER PLANNING ORIENTATION on Tuesday, October 27 at 6:00 p.m. via virtual Teams meeting.
What is it? Career Planning Orientation is a vital first step for 1Ls in gaining access to CPC services and resources. During the program 1Ls are:
- provided answers to a variety of questions regarding key aspects of the law student job search;
- introduced to Symplicity, the web-based program through which students manage job search documents and applications and view postings for recruiting employers; and
- meet the CPC professional staff.
In addition, following Career Planning Orientation students who attend will be provided:
- The CPC's Career Planning Handbook that contains guides, handouts, articles and information essential to the law student job search e.g., legal résumés, cover letters, interviewing, thank you correspondence, networking, and online research resources; and
- Symplicity access information.
Who should attend? All 1Ls with the goal of employment upon graduating law school and who intend to utilize any of the services and resources of the CPC during their tenure at Marquette should attend.
In case you need more incentive to attend, we'll be giving away Tory Hill Café, Amazon, and iTunes gift cards.