May and August 2018 Graduation
Marquette University Law School will celebrate the accomplishments of its May and summer 2018 graduates the weekend of May 19-20, 2018.
Click here for more information.
Hotel accommodations fill quickly for graduation weekend. We encourage out-of-town guests traveling to Milwaukee for graduation to reserve accommodations well in advance.
Graduation weekend consists of the following events:
SATURDAY, MAY 19, 2018
All-University Baccalaureate Mass
(4:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.)
UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena
400 W. Kilbourn Avenue
- Mass will be celebrated at the UWMilwaukee Panther Arena (formerly known as the U.S. Cellular Arena), 400 W. Kilbourn Avenue, Milwaukee. The arena is adjacent to the Milwaukee Theatre.
- Attendance is optional.
- Academic apparel is not worn.
- There is no limit to the number of guests a student may bring to Mass.
- Seating is on a first-come, first-served basis.
Law School Hooding Ceremony and Reception
(6:45 p.m. - 9:15 p.m.)
Miller High Life Theatre
500 W. Kilbourn Avenue
- The hooding ceremony and reception will be held at the Miller High Life Theatre (formerly the Milwaukee Theatre), 500 W. Kilbourn Avenue, Milwaukee.
- Attendance is strongly encouraged. At the hooding ceremony, law graduates are recognized individually and receive their academic hood and diploma cover from the Dean.
- Graduates must arrive by 6:00 p.m. to line up for the processional .
- Academic apparel is worn.
- Graduates will be sent information regarding how to RSVP for the ceremony and reception in early March.
- Graduates may invite up to eight (8) guests, free of charge, and up to 15 guests in total. There is a $10 per person charge for additional guests (ages 12 and over) beyond the first eight guests.
- Graduates will have the opportunity to request seating for additional guests (beyond the first 15 guests), and those requests will be honored as space allows, once all graduates have submitted their guest counts.
- Doors open to the lobby at 5:00 p.m. and to the house for seating at 6:00 p.m. Cash bars and appetizers will be available beginning at 5:00 p.m. in the lobby.
- At the event, seating is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Guests need to be seated by 6:30 p.m.
SUNDAY, MAY 20, 2018
All-University Commencement Ceremony
(9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.)
BMO Harris Bradley Center
1001 North 4th Street
- The all-University Commencement Ceremony will be held at the BMO Harris Bradley Center, 1001 N. Fourth Street, Milwaukee.
- Attendance is mandatory for all graduates by University directive. Requests for permission to be excused from the all-University Commencement Ceremony must be submitted via email to Professor Anna Fodor and approved by the Dean.
- Graduates must arrive by 8:45 a.m. to assemble for the processional.
- Diplomas will be distributed immediately following the ceremony at a designated area inside the arena.
- There is no limit to the number of guests a student may bring to the All-University program. Seating is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Please click here for more information about the all-University Commencement Ceremony.
For questions regarding the Law School Hooding Ceremony or All-University Commencement, please contact Ms. Emma Domach, Administrative Assistant to Student Affairs.
MONDAY, MAY 21, 2018
Wisconsin Supreme Court Group Swearing-In Ceremonies
The group swearing-in ceremonies for eligible diploma privilege admission candidates will be held in Madison at the Wisconsin Supreme Court, Capitol Building, on Monday, May 21, 2018. The five (5) ceremonies are scheduled for 9:00 a.m., 10:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m., and 2:00 p.m. You will be notified by the Clerk of the Supreme Court of your eligibility in April, and will receive a reservation form for your ceremony. It is your responsibility to check on the status of your application.
For questions or concerns regarding either the group swearing-in ceremony, or the Wisconsin diploma privilege process, please contact Ms. Stephanie Danz, Assistant Registrar.