Estate Planning Clinic
The MVLC Estate Planning Clinic offers free basic estate planning services to low income clients in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and veterans and active duty military personnel and their spouses and partners. The program is run on an appointment only basis.
The Estate Planning Clinic is accepting appointments at our House of Peace and Veterans Service Office locations. To make an appointment, please call 414-288-5378. Because of the demand for estate planning services, we are currently booking appointments for Winter 2018-19.
NEW! The Estate Planning Clinic is accepting appointments for February 2019 at the United Community Center.
Estate planning appointments on the Milwaukee Mobile Legal Clinic Bus will resume in March 2019. Check the Mobile Legal Clinic website in the coming months for a list of estate planning dates.
- Basic Will
- Living Will
- Power of Attorney for Healthcare
- Power of Attorney for Finances
We are unable to prepare living trusts or special needs trusts. We are unable to prepare the Basic Will for individuals who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
If you are wondering whether you need a will and/or power of attorney documents, consider this…
- Do you want to decide how your property will be distributed when you are gone?
- Do you want to decide who will take care of any minor children if you are unable?
- Do you want to have control over medical treatments and procedures if you can no longer communicate?
- Do you want to be able to choose who will make financial and healthcare choices for you when you are no longer able to make them yourself?
Two appointment slots are needed for couples.