Opportunities & Aid
DDR Lawyers Legal Scholarship -- $1,500
The DDR Lawyers Legal Scholarship by Dolan Dobrinsky Rosenblum, LLP is a recurring scholarship worth $1,500 designed to help one law student with their tuition costs. We welcome all eligible students to apply and look forward to reviewing your application.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: DEC 31, 2018
A winner will be announced on or before Jan 31, 2019
- Admitted to an accredited law school in the U.S.
- 3.5 or higher GPA
- Completed Application. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
- Upload a 500-600 word original essay on what you hope to achieve in your legal career if awarded this scholarship.
- Upload School Transcript
- Upload Resume
For additional details, please visit: https://www.ddrlawyers.com/scholarship/Contact: Devin
Stevens & McMillan Law Firm Scholarship -- $1,500
We are pleased to announce the return of the Stevens & McMillan $1,500 scholarship! The scholarship contest is available to current college students or those planning on attending college in the 2018-2019 school year.
At Stevens & McMillan, we believe that everyone has the right to an education. We would not be where we are today without the help and support of our family, friends, and teachers. However, a quality education can be very expensive, and we want to do our part to help the next generation. So, to help deserving students realize their dreams, we created an annual $1,500 scholarship contest.
Click here to see our previous winners and honorable mentions.
Applicants for the Stevens & McMillan Scholarship must meet all of the following requirements:
- You must be in good academic standing if currently enrolled in college or high school; If you are under the age of 18, you must allow your parent or legal guardian to read all of the rules listed on this page and obtain their permission to participate;
- You must be currently enrolled in an accredited college in the United States or planning to attend college no later than Fall of 2018;
- You must submit a minimum 1,000 word essay concerning the topics below using Microsoft Word. At the end of the essay, please indicate in a separate paragraph your name, phone number, school, expected school in Fall of 2018 if different, and a statement that you agree to the contest rules.
All essays must be submitted by November 15, 2018. The winner will be selected by December 1, 2018 and the scholarship funds will be mailed to your school on or before December 15, 2018.
The partners of Stevens & McMillan will make the final decision as to the winner of the scholarship. The essays will be judged on creativity and quality. A second-place winner and one or more honorable mentions may also be selected, but they will not be eligible for any scholarship or cash payment. Stevens & McMillan will publish the winning essay on one or more internet sites. Stevens & McMillan may also publish the second-place winning essay and one or more essays that won honorable mention. By submitting your essay, you agree to the contest rules including granting Stevens & McMillan the right to publish your article on multiple websites without payment unless you are the winner of the scholarship. If you receive first place, second place or honorable mention, and are published online, you may list it on your resume and we will verify the information to any prospective employer.
Choose any law or connected group of laws regarding at least one of the following topics:
- Wrongful termination
- Leave of absence violations
Describe how these laws have helped employees in the workplace. You may use examples from your own family or friends, or you can compare and contrast modern employees to employees before these laws were enacted, or you can compare and contrast employees in the United States to employees in other countries, or you can use recent events in the news to illustrate your points. California students may use the comparable laws found under California’s FEHA. Candidates are expected to cite to relevant statutes and cases.
- Please type your essay in MS-Word and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please like us on Facebook and add us to your Google+ circles
Stevens & McMillan is an employment law firm located in Southern California representing employees only. To contact us, call our office today at 1-800-738-3353.
For further information, click here.Contact: Dan Stevens
NW Corporate Law Scholarship -- $1,000
NW Corporate Law is pleased to announce its scholarships for Fall 2018 and Spring 2019. Available to second- and third-year law students and awarded twice a year, the award is $1,000 and may be used for any expenses related to law school education.
Law school in the United States is expensive. Our firm wants to help a law student avoid some of the costs associated with law school, and we are now accepting applications for the Fall 2018 NW Corporate Law scholarship, which will be awarded to one second or third year law student who is in financial need and who is actively enrolled in an ABA-approved law school. The award will be paid to the student, and the awarded funds may be used by the student for any expenses related to the student’s law school education. All of the details are below, including a link to the application. We offer this scholarship award biannually, in the spring and fall. The application requirements may change during each award period.
- Be a 2nd or 3rd year law student enrolled in an ABA-approved law school in the United States.
- Have an interest in business law or entrepreneurship.
- The scholarship is awarded biannually.
- To be eligible for the Fall 2018 scholarship, the application must be submitted by October 1, 2018.
- The Fall 2018 scholarship will be awarded to the single winner by October 31, 2018.
- Spring 2019 scholarship applications must be submitted by April 1, 2019 to be awarded by April 30, 2019.
FALL 2018 APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Most recent law school transcript.
- Essay: The legal profession is riddled with inefficiencies. In 500 – 700 words identify one particular inefficiency in the profession and propose a creative solution. Essays related to business law or entrepreneurship encouraged, but not required. Points for creativity.
- Resume: 1 page max, limited to your work, volunteer, and other educational experiences.
The scholarship is awarded biannually.
Each semester (spring and fall), there will be one award of $1,000 to one student applicant, awarded at the discretion of the firm.
The awarded funds may only be spent on law school educational expenses.
Submit necessary questions to email@example.com. Subject line of email should state “Scholarship Questions.”
Scholarships should be submitted using our online form at https://www.nwcorporatelaw.com/law-scholarship/
ABOUT NW CORPORATE LAW
NW Corporate Law serves entrepreneurs, investors, and business owners. We help founders form as well as sell companies, raise money, protect trademarks and copyrights, and advise in day-to-day decisions. Based in Portland, Oregon, we serve clients throughout the West Coast and Pacific Northwest. For more information visit www.nwcorporatelaw.com.
Contact: NW Corporate Law
The Expert Institute's Annual Legal Writing Scholarship -- $2,000
Clear, effective writing is the cornerstone of an exceptional lawyer, and a vital area of education for aspiring attorneys. While traditional forms of legal writing like case briefs and contracts endure, the internet has given legal professionals a new medium of communication that demands mastery as well. Blog posts are a new way for attorneys to educate and persuade, and to participate in a broader legal discourse with their peers. In recognition of the importance of online legal writing, The Expert Institute is offering a $2,000 scholarship for the best legal blog post written by a law student on the topic of expert witnesses. To be considered for the scholarship, you must submit a 1,500 to 2,500 word blog-style article on the use of expert witnesses in litigation. If your article wins, you will receive a $2,000 scholarship. In addition, your article will be published on The Expert Institute’s blog and distributed in our weekly newsletter, where it will be read by thousands of practicing attorneys.
To win, your article has to be logically rigorous and substantive, as well as engaging and entertaining. Ideally, lay people should be able to understand and enjoy the article, while lawyers should find it useful and insightful.
Eligibility and Topic:
J.D. Students – Any topic in litigation involving expert witnesses
- Specific case references are required, and the article must contain specific examples
- Your article must be an unpublished, original submission. The Expert Institute reserves the right to publish in print and digital all or part of the essay or abstract at its discretion
- Citations should be inline – no footnotes or endnotes. Links to electronic sources are encouraged
- Articles must be 1,500 – 2,500 words in length, and written in a blog post format
Submission Must Include:
- Full name of author (First, Middle, and Last)
- Contact information for author, including e-mail address and phone number
- School name and mailing address
- A .doc or .docx file containing your article. PDFs and other document formats are not acceptable
Factors that will be considered during judgment include:
- Clarity, style, and poise of writing
- Originality of topic
- Thoroughness of research and quality of analysis
- Comprehensibility by lay and professional audiences
Deadline: December 31, 2018
Full information on the scholarship, as well as the online application form, can be found at the following address: https://www.theexpertinstitute.com/writing-contest/
Contact: The Expert Institute
The Expert Institute's 2018 Legal Writing Scholarship -- $2,000Monday, December 31, 2018 - 11:55pm • n/a
Clear, effective writing is the cornerstone of an exceptional lawyer, and a vital area of education for aspiring attorneys. While traditional forms of legal writing like case briefs and contracts endure, the internet has given legal professionals a new medium of communication that demands mastery as well. Blog posts are a new way for attorneys to educate and persuade, and to participate in a broader legal discourse with their peers. In recognition of the importance of online legal writing, The Expert Institute is offering a $2,000 scholarship for the best legal blog post written by a law student on the topic of expert witnesses. To be considered for the scholarship, you must submit a 1,500 to 2,500 word blog-style article on the use of expert witnesses in litigation by December 31, 2018. If your article wins, you will receive a $2,000 scholarship. In addition, your article will be published on The Expert Institute’s blog and distributed in our weekly newsletter, where it will be read by thousands of practicing attorneys. For additional details, please visit: https://www.theexpertinstitute.com/writing-contest/.Contact: Cody Porcoro
Christensen Law Firm Scholarship -- $2,000Thursday, January 31, 2019 - 12:00am • n/a
The Christensen Law Firm Scholarship is a recurring scholarship worth $2,000 designed to help one incoming 1L or continuing law school student pay for their tuition costs.
Who is eligible: Incoming first year or continuing law students who are enrolled in an accredited law school in the United States, and hold a 3.5 minimum GPA.
Application instructions: Applications including all supporting documents must be submitted in full, online, by January 31, 2019 in order to be considered. A winner will be announced on, or before, February 28, 2019 at which point we will arrange to have $2,000 sent to the student's financial aid department to help pay for their tuition costs.
Application page: https://www.texasinjurylawhelp.com/christensen-law-firm-scholarship/Contact: Christensen Law Firm
Gainsberg Law Annual Scholarship Award -- $2,500Monday, April 1, 2019 - 11:55pm • n/a
It can take only one second for your life to change forever – something our clients know all too well. At Gainsberg Law, we fight for the futures of our clients, to help them regain what is lost, and to plan for their new lives ahead. We can offer this assistance because of the civil justice system, which allows people to seek redress when a wrong has been committed. To maintain that system, however, we need strong, passionate and dedicated lawyers who promise to uphold the law and protect the system.
We want to help those young lawyers pursue their dreams and protect the justice system. That is why we are proud to announce the Gainsberg Law Annual Scholarship Award. Every year, we will select a student who is, or will be, enrolled in an accredited university or college in the Fall semester of the upcoming academic year. The winner will be announced in June 2019. Upon the student’s request, the non-transferable award can be paid directly to the school.
Scholarship award: $2,500
Eligibility and requirements:
To be eligible for the award, applicants must submit the following no later than April 1, 2019:
- Proof of enrollment for the upcoming academic year
- 2 recommendations from a member of the faculty or staff at the university or school, or from a teacher from the previous year (for incoming students only)
- One essay up to 1,000 words on why you are interested in the law
- Academic Transcripts from the current academic year, 2018-2019
The scholarship will be awarded, and the student notified of his or her selection, by June 2019.
For additional information, please visit: https://www.gainsberglaw.com/scholarship/Contact: Neal Gainsberg
Taylor & Ring Victim Advocate Scholarship -- $5,000Thursday, April 25, 2019 - 11:55pm • TBD
Taylor & Ring announces their second annual Victim Advocate Scholarship. This annual award will be given to a student interested in pursuing the study of law with a specific goal of helping survivors of sexual assault, rape, child abuse, or sexual harassment in the workplace. The successful candidate needs to be currently enrolled in, or will be enrolled in, an accredited college or university or law school for the upcoming academic year. The scholarship can be paid directly to the student’s college or law school at his or her request, if necessary.
Scholarship amount: $5,000
- An essay of no more than 1000 words about what the civil justice systems means to you;
- Proof of enrollment in an accredited college or university or law school;
- A brief statement about your financial needs.
We may also ask the finalists for a letter of recommendation from a current or former teacher or professor or advisor.
Applications for the 2019 scholarship award are now being accepted. All applications must have been completed and submitted by April 25, 2019 in order to be eligible for consideration.
For more information, please visit: https://www.taylorring.com/scholarship/Contact: David Ring
Crandall & Pera Law Legal Scholarship -- $3,000Friday, May 31, 2019 - 11:55pm • n/a
Crandall & Pera Law is a medical malpractice and catastrophic injury law firm with locations throughout Ohio and Kentucky. The Crandall & Pera Law Legal Scholarship awards $3000 annually to a student who has demonstrated an interest in a career as a trial lawyer, and a passion for representing injured individuals whose rights have been jeopardized. The scholarship is available to all pre-law, incoming and current students currently enrolled, or who will be enrolled, at an accredited law school for the upcoming semester, who can demonstrate financial need in the form of government-sponsored student loans, who have exemplified exceptional skills as orators and who consider helping those less fortunate a calling that they wish to answer. The student must also have a firm commitment to diversity and equality and be dedicated to protecting the rights of everyone regardless of race, sex, religion or sexual orientation.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must include the following:
- A resume, including a current photo
- An essay or letter of no more than 1200 words on how you meet the criteria
- Up to 3 recommendations from former/current employers, coaches, mentors and/or professors (family members and personal friends are not allowed)
- Undergraduate transcript
Submit applications using the form below. All applications must be submitted by May 31, 2019.
For additional info, please visit: https://www.injuryverdicts.com/scholarship/Contact: Mike Edwards
Silverman, McDonald & Friedman Educational Scholarship -- $5,000Saturday, June 1, 2019 - 11:55pm • n/a
Silverman, McDonald & Friedman proudly announce the annual Silverman, McDonald & Friedman Educational Scholarship. This yearly scholarship will be awarded to a law student who is dedicated to upholding the rights of the injured. The successful candidate will be enrolled, or have proof of future enrollment, in an accredited college, university or law school for the upcoming academic year. The scholarship can be paid directly to the student’s institution, at his or her request.
Scholarship amount: $5,000
To be eligible for the scholarship, please submit the following to the link below:
- An essay of no more than 500 words about what the civil justice systems means to you;
- Proof of enrollment in an accredited college or university or law school;
- A brief statement about your financial needs.
Finalists may be asked for a letter of recommendation from a current or former teacher or professor.
All applications must be completed and submitted by June of 2019 in order to be eligible for consideration. The winner will be notified by July of 2019. Winning essays may be posted on our website, with the student’s approval.Silverman, McDonald & Friedman
Scrofano Law PC Aspiring Public Defender Scholarship -- $1,500Saturday, June 1, 2019 - 11:55pm • n/a
Scrofano Law PC is a premiere DUI and criminal defense law firm in Washington, DC. At Scrofano Law PC, we believe that working as a public defender is one of the highest callings in the legal profession. Too often public defenders are overworked and under resourced. They face daily insurmountable odds in the courtroom and in a system that is often rigged against their clients. To give back to the legal community and express our admiration and appreciation to those who aspire to fight for the underdog, we have created a scholarship for law students interested in pursuing a career as a public defender.
Scholarship Amount: $1,500.00
- 1st or 2nd year law student
- Interest in legal career representing individuals rather than institutions
- Employed in summer position at a public defender’s office
Deadline: June 1 each year
Application Requirements: Resume, transcript, offer letter or other proof of internship at Public Defenders office that indicates whether paid or unpaid
In addition, please include an essay on the following topic: As a public defender or private criminal defense lawyer, you will often be asked the question: how can you defend people you know are guilty? Respond to that question in 500-700 words.
Submit all application materials in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional info, please visit: https://www.scrofanolaw.com/firm-profile/scholarships/Contact: Joseph Scrofano
Plattner Verderame Civil Justice Scholarship -- $2,500Saturday, June 1, 2019 - 11:55pm • n/a
Since Platter Verderame, P.C. was founded in 1991, we have committed ourselves to doing the right thing under the law for the people we serve. Without a strong civil justice system, our clients would have no rights for us to uphold, and no way to improve their lives now and in the future. Wrongdoers would not be held accountable, and safety for all Americans would be reduced. The best way to ensure the civil law that protects us all remains strong is to encourage the best and the brightest students to themselves pick up the torch of justice.
That is why we are proud to announce the Plattner Verderame Civil Justice Scholarship. This annual award will be given to a student interested in any aspect of social or civil justice, who is currently enrolled in, or will be enrolled in, an accredited college or university for the upcoming academic year. The scholarship can be paid directly to the student’s college at his or her request.
Scholarship amount: $2,500
To apply for the scholarship, please submit the following to the form below:
- Proof of enrollment in an accredited college or university.
- One recommendation letter from a current or previous year teacher or professor.
- A 1000-word essay about the American civil justice and jury system.
- All applications must be completed and submitted by June 2019 to be eligible for consideration.
For more information, please visit: https://plattner-verderame.com/scholarship/Contact: Plattner Verderame, P.C.
Cunningham & Mears Academic Scholarship -- $2,500Saturday, June 15, 2019 - 11:55pm • n/a
The Cunningham & Mears Academic Scholarship is an annual award of $2,500, presented by the firm, to a student who wishes to pursue the study of History or Law. The successful candidate must be enrolled in, or have proof of upcoming enrollment in, an accredited college, university, or law school for the upcoming academic school year. The scholarship can be paid directly to the institution upon the request of the student.
Scholarship amount: $2,500
Applicants must submit the following information in order to be considered eligible for the scholarship:
- Proof of enrollment in the institution
- A statement of financial need
- 1 letter of recommendation from someone familiar with your academic work
- An essay of no more than 1000 words about why you chose to study History or Law
- Applicants must fill out the form found here.
If you have any questions, you may contact us GivingBack@cunninghamandmears.com. All application information will be kept confidential until a winner is chosen.
We are currently accepting applications for the 2019 scholarship award. All applications must be completed and submitted in full by June 15, 2019 in order to be eligible for consideration. The award winner will be announced July 15, 2019.
For more info, please visit: https://www.cunninghamandmears.com/cunningham-mears-academic-scholarship/Contact: Cunningham & Mears
Barry J. Nace Pursuit of Justice Scholarship -- $3,000Sunday, June 30, 2019 - 11:55pm • n/a
Attorney Barry J. Nace has been at the forefront of groundbreaking litigation in state and federal courtrooms around the country. His dedication to offering hope to those who feel like they have nowhere to turn has inspired his sons – attorneys Christopher, Jonathan and Matt – to follow in his footsteps. To that end, the firm has created the Barry J. Nace Pursuit of Justice Scholarship, to be awarded annually to any student who believes that “justice for all” is a pledge we make to one another.
SCHOLARSHIP VALUE: $3,000
- Applicant must already be accepted into an undergraduate program at a university or college.
- Strong passion for civil justice
- Why do you require financial help? What would the $3,000 would be spent on? (Tuition, Housing, Books, Etc.)
- What drives your pursuit for civil justice? (Under 300 words please.)
- All applications must be received by June 30, 2019.
For more information, please visit: https://www.paulsonandnace.com/barry-j-nace-pursuit-of-justice-scholarship/Contact: Mike Edwards
Legal Scholarship by Moses & Rooth, Attorneys at Law -- $1,000Monday, July 1, 2019 - 11:55pm • n/a
Moses and Rooth Attorneys at Law, a criminal defense and DUI law firm located in Orlando, Florida, is offering a $1,000 scholarship to one incoming 1L or currently enrolled law student. The scholarship is offered for the Fall 2019 academic semester.
Essay Topic: Should people be allowed to warn motorists about DUI checkpoints in America?
Scholarship Value: $1,000
Application Deadline: June 1, 2019
- This scholarship will only be awarded to one incoming 1L or a currently enrolled law student
- Hold a 3.0 or higher overall GPA
- Must be a legal resident of the U.S.
For additional details, please visit: https://www.mosesandrooth.com/legal-scholarship/Contact: Moses & Rooth