Health and Safety Visitor Protocols
Marquette University Law School and the Office of Admissions are committed to the health and safety of our community and of our visitors. We appreciate your careful review and adoption of the following COVID-19 visitor protocols:
- All visitors and guests must be pre-registered. We cannot accommodate walk-in visitors at this time.
- Masks are not required for vaccinated individuals. Those who are not fully vaccinated should wear masks.
- Please do not visit Marquette Law School if you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 or have had contact with anyone who has tested positive or is a presumptive positive for COVID-19. See COVID-19 questionnaire below.
- We are taking many precautions to safeguard our community and our guests. However, we cannot eliminate the risk of COVID-19 exposure. If any visitor shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19 within 48 hours after visiting campus, please report this to Stephanie Nikolay, Director of Admissions and Recruitment, at email@example.com.
- The latest coronavirus information and Marquette campus updates are posted on the university’s coronavirus website.
Arrival & Entry
- Please arrive at least 5 minutes, but no more than 15 minutes, in advance of your scheduled apointment time.
- Visitors will be provided with free parking in the Wells Street parking structure 1240 W. Wells Street, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53233 (building 67 on the campus map, approximately a 10 minute walk to the Law School. If you prefer, metered parking is typically available on the streets directly adjacent to the Law School. The Law School’s address is Eckstein Hall, 1215 West Michigan Street, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53233. NOTE: As of 5/24/2021, the Law School’s parking structure is entirely closed for maintenance and repairs.
- When you arrive, you will need to call our office (414-288-6767). The exterior doors to Eckstein Hall are locked during COVID recovery. A member of our staff will meet you at the entrance to escort you into Eckstein Hall.
- Our welcome desk staff will take your temperature and ask you and your registered guest(s), if you bring guest(s), a series of health screening questions. Please preview these questions (below) in advance. If you answer “yes” to any of these questions, please reschedule your appointment.
- At this time, all visitors and guests must be pre-registered by name; no walk-ins are permitted.
- Again, your guest(s) must be pre-registered. Any changes in who will be visiting must be made at least 24 hours in advance. We are not able to make accommodations with less than 24 hours advance notice. We appreciate your understanding.
- All materials are pre-packaged.
- Water fountains may not be available. [The University is in process of re-starting all water fountatins on campus. ]We apologize for the inconvenience.
- Restrooms will be available for use.
- Hand-sanitizer will be available for use throughout Eckstein Hall.
These are the questions you will be asked upon check-in at the Eckstein Hall welcome desk:
- Are you currently experiencing any of the following: temperature of 100 degrees or higher, cough, shortness of breath or chest tightness?
- Are you currently experiencing 2 or more of the following: chills, fatigue, loss of taste or smell, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, congestion/runny nose, nausea, vomiting or diarrhea?
- Have you been exposed to or in contact with anyone who has tested positive or is a presumptive positive for COVID-19?
- Have you been exposed to or in contact with anyone showing symptoms of COVID-19?