Opportunities & Aid
DDR Lawyers Legal Scholarship -- $1,500
The DDR Lawyers Legal Scholarship by Dolan Dobrinsky Rosenblum, LLP is a recurring scholarship worth $1,500 designed to help one law student with their tuition costs. We welcome all eligible students to apply and look forward to reviewing your application.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: JAN 31, 2020
The winner will be announced on or before Mar 31, 2020
- Admitted to an accredited law school in the U.S.
- 3.5 or higher cumulative GPA
- APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Completed Application. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
- Upload a 500-600 word original essay on what you hope to achieve in your legal career if awarded this scholarship.
- Upload School Transcript
- Upload Resume
For additional information and to submit your application materials, please visit: https://www.ddrlawyers.com/scholarship/Contact: DDR Lawyers
Good Lawyers / Good People Scholarship -- $1,000Tuesday, February 19, 2019 - 3:35pm • TBD
One of the rewarding things about being a personal injury attorney is helping people overcome difficult challenges. We truly enjoy using our abilities and knowledge to help others. We want to help make the same opportunities to help available to others who aspire to use the law to achieve justice and make the world a better and safer place. We are therefore happy to offer two $1,000.00 annual scholarships – one for the fall semester and one for the spring semester – to deserving and qualified students.
- Currently enrolled or accepted as an undergraduate or law student
- Not related to any current Simeone & Miller employee
Please submit a written statement (800-1,000 words) or a video presentation (3-5 minutes) describing the value of using the law to improve people’s lives. You can describe a past experience that motivates you, someone who inspires you, or a vision of what you would like to accomplish.
For the Fall Scholarship, please submit your statement by July 1. The scholarship will be awarded by July 31. For the Spring Scholarship, please submit your statement by November 1. The scholarship will be awarded by November 30.
For additional information, please visit: https://www.simeonemiller.com/scholarship/Contact: Simeone & Miller
ChapmanAlbin Scholarship -- $1,000Saturday, June 15, 2019 - 12:00pm • n/a
- Completed scholarship application
- 300-500 word essay (specific topic details can be found on submission form)
- An acceptance letter from an accredited law school in the U.S. (new students) or an unofficial transcript from an accredited law school in the U.S. (current students)
- All materials submitted by June 15, 2019; late or incomplete applications will not be considered
- All materials must be submitted electronically via the form on the ChapmanAlbin website
- Before receiving the award, recipient will be required to demonstrate enrollment at an accredited law school in the U.S.
- A check for $1,000 will be made to the scholarship recipient’s law school of choice to cover expenses
- Scholarship is to be used exclusively to cover law school tuition and other related expenses such as books or room/board
- Recipient is expected to submit receipts in accordance with IRS regulations
For additional details, please visit: https://www.johnschapman.com/about-us/law-school-scholarship/Contact: ChapmanAlbin Law Firm
Wilshire Law Firm Legal Scholar Award -- $1,000Friday, June 28, 2019 - 11:55pm • n/a
Wilshire Law Firm is committed to helping the next generation of attorneys succeed. Founding partner Bobby Saadian strongly believes that monetary concerns should never get in the way of an exceptional student interested in studying the law. And when that student’s intent is to help others through the legal system, then they should receive the support and resources that they need to pursue such a noble goal.
Becoming an attorney requires a significant financial investment. Students who demonstrate a dedication to their academic pursuits and their community are to be celebrated, not discouraged. To that end, Wilshire Law Firm is pleased to offer the Legal Scholar Award for currently enrolled law school students.
The Legal Scholar Award will be presented to a worthy student currently in law school. This $1,000 scholarship recognizes that individual’s academic achievement and spirit of giving back in spite of a heavy workload.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- Students must be a US citizen or a permanent resident.
- Student must have at least two semesters of law school left to complete.
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Must demonstrate involvement in community activities.
- Students must submit a 600-word essay explaining which field of law they’re interested in pursuing and why. Also, how they plan to use their law degree in that field upon graduation.
- Students are required to submit an unofficial copy of their law school transcripts.
Please send the application materials, via email or fax, on or before the June 28, 2019 deadline.
For additional info, please visit: https://wilshirelawfirm.com/scholarships/legal-scholar-award/Contact: Wilshire Law Firm
Wagner & Wagner Annual Civil Justice Scholarship Award -- $2,500Sunday, June 30, 2019 - 12:00pm • n/a
Since 1945, Wagner & Wagner Attorneys at Law has helped to protect the rights of the injured. We take this role very seriously, because communities are always stronger when they work together. We believe that the legal community deserves our best and our brightest, to keep the civil justice system strong. For this reason, we are proud to offer the Wagner & Wagner Annual Scholarship Award. Each year, we will award $2,500 to an eligible law or pre-law student who is enrolled in, or has proof of upcoming enrollment in, an accredited college or university for the Fall semester.
Scholarship award: $2,500
Eligibility and requirements:
To be eligible for the award, applicants must submit the following no later than June 30, 2019:
- Proof of enrollment for the upcoming academic year
- One (1) letter of recommendation from a member of the faculty or staff at the university or school, or from a teacher from the previous year (for incoming students only)
- One (1) essay up to 1,000 words on “The injured plaintiff’s right to be compensated through litigation or mediation.”
- Academic Transcripts from the current academic year (2018-2019)
We will award the scholarship and notify the winner by July 2019.
For more info, please visit: https://www.wagnerinjury.com/civil-justice-scholarship-award/Contact: Wagner & Wagner Attorneys at Law
"Just Need a Chance" Educational Scholarship -- $2,500Sunday, June 30, 2019 - 12:00pm • n/a
Whether you are practicing family law, criminal defense, personal injury, or any other area of law, you will frequently hear your clients tell you that they, “Just need a chance.”
- A chance to learn from their mistakes
- A chance to recover from an injury
- A chance to move on from a bad marriage
- A chance to create a business
As attorneys, we often are able to help give people the chance they need to take the next step in life. That is why I have created the “Just Need a Chance” Educational Scholarship. I would like to take that same concept and give one lucky student who believes they have a future in law, a chance at furthering their education. The details, requirements and form to apply can be found here: https://www.altshulerlaw.com/just-need-a-chance-scholarship/
Scholarship Value: $2,500
- Must already be accepted into an undergraduate program at a college or university.
- 3.0 GPA or higher – If you are going into your freshman year, you may submit a high school transcript.
- A short statement on why you require financial help and what the $2,500 would be spent on. (Ex: Tuition, housing, books. Please try to keep under 200 words.)
- A short statement on why you should be awarded this scholarship over all the other applicants. (Hint: Keep under 200 words, but be creative. Don’t just tell me you are a hard worker.)
All applications must be received by June 30, 2019.Contact: Adrian H. Altshuler
Barry J. Nace Pursuit of Justice Scholarship -- $3,000Sunday, June 30, 2019 - 11:55pm • n/a
Attorney Barry J. Nace has been at the forefront of groundbreaking litigation in state and federal courtrooms around the country. His dedication to offering hope to those who feel like they have nowhere to turn has inspired his sons – attorneys Christopher, Jonathan and Matt – to follow in his footsteps. To that end, the firm has created the Barry J. Nace Pursuit of Justice Scholarship, to be awarded annually to any student who believes that “justice for all” is a pledge we make to one another.
SCHOLARSHIP VALUE: $3,000
- Applicant must already be accepted into an undergraduate program at a university or college.
- Strong passion for civil justice
- Why do you require financial help? What would the $3,000 would be spent on? (Tuition, Housing, Books, Etc.)
- What drives your pursuit for civil justice? (Under 300 words please.)
- All applications must be received by June 30, 2019.
For more information, please visit: https://www.paulsonandnace.com/barry-j-nace-pursuit-of-justice-scholarship/Contact: Mike Edwards
Harris Lowry Manton LLP Civil Justice Scholarship -- $5,000Sunday, June 30, 2019 - 11:55pm • n/a
At Harris Lowry Manton LLP, we are guided by the principle that everyone is equal under the law, and that all people should have access to justice. In order ensure that our civil justice system is fair, just and open to all who need it, we need to support it from the ground up – and that means ensuring that strong, competent and educated attorneys are there for the people who need them the most.
That is why we are pleased to announce the Annual Harris Lowry Manton LLP Civil Justice Scholarship. This award will be given to any incoming or current law student who is either currently enrolled, or who has accepted a place, in an accredited law school for the Fall semester of the upcoming academic year. This annual scholarship will be awarded at the end of July, and can be paid directly to the school upon the winner’s request. The award is non-transferable.
Scholarship award: $5,000
To be eligible for the award, applicants must submit the following no later than June 30, 2019:
- Proof of enrollment for the upcoming academic year
- One recommendation from a member of the faculty or staff at the university or school (incoming IL students may submit a letter from a teacher from the previous year)
- An essay of no more than 1,000 words about the importance of the right to a trial by jury
For additional information, please visit: https://www.hlmlawfirm.com/annual-harris-lowry-manton-llp-academic-scholarship-award/Contact: Harris Lowry Manton LLP
2019 American Inns of Court Warren E. Burger Prize -- $5,000Monday, July 1, 2019 - 12:00pm • n/a
The American Inns of Court Warren E. Burger Prize is a writing competition designed to promote scholarship in the areas of professionalism, ethics, civility, and excellence. Interested authors are asked to submit an original, unpublished essay of 10,000 to 20,000 words on a topic that addresses issues of legal excellence, civility, ethics, and professionalism.
- The author of the winning essay will receive a cash prize of $5,000
- The essay will be published in the South Carolina Law Review
- The prize will be presented to the recipient at the American Inns of Court annual Celebration of Excellence at the Supreme Court of the United States
DEADLINE: July 1, 2019Cindy Dennis
2019 Tannenwald Writing Competition -- Up to $5,000Monday, July 8, 2019 - 8:00pm • n/a
Named for the late Tax Court Judge Theodore Tannenwald, Jr., and designed to perpetuate his dedication to legal scholarship of the highest quality, the Tannenwald Writing Competition is open to all full or part-time law school students, undergradate or graduate. Papers on any federal or state tax-related topic may be submitted in accordance with the Competition Rules.
Cash prizes of $5,000, $2,500 and $1,500 for the top three papers.
Deadline for submitting papers: 9:00 p.m. EDT, July 8, 2019.
Competition Rules can be found at https://www.tannenwald.org/Competition-Rules.Contact: Nancy Abramowitz
The Exoneration Education Initiative Scholarship -- $2,500Wednesday, July 31, 2019 - 12:00pm • n/a
In an effort to encourage law students to pursue a career in defense law and reclaim the rights of wrongfully convicted individuals, Tidwell Law Firm PLLC is offering a $2,500 scholarship to students.
We are asking students to write an essay of at least 500 words detailing the case of a wrongfully accused individual who was released or is still imprisoned that inspired them to pursue a career in defense law. Students are encouraged to outline the case in a detailed way and artfully describe how it led them to choose a career in law.
Scholarship Amount: $2500
Requirements: Applicants must be EITHER out-going high school seniors (graduating summer 2019) OR students currently enrolled in a college, trade school, university, or law school as of the start of the fall 2019 semester.
Submission Requirements: To apply, email your essay to email@example.com. A valid ID and proof of enrollment will be required upon selection.
Deadline: July 31, 2019
Link For More Info: https://jerrytidwell.com/scholarship/Contact: Jerry Tidwell
Legal Scholarship Award Application -- $2,500Wednesday, July 31, 2019 - 11:55pm • n/a
The Dominguez Firm, LLP is proud to announce The Dominguez Firm Legal Scholarship Award offered annually in the amount of $2,500 to law students who have demonstrated academic excellence and a commitment to the community. The purpose of the scholarship is to encourage and assist motivated law students in fulfilling their ambitions in the spirit of giving back.
Any law student attending an accredited law school is eligible to apply. For more information regarding criteria and deadlines, visit: https://dominguezfirm.com/scholarships or contact Rosalia Rodriguez at: 213.235.2449 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For complete details visit: Here
Deadline is July 31, 2019.Contact: Rosalia Rodriguez
Sutliff & Stout Law School Scholarship Contest -- $2,000Thursday, August 1, 2019 - 12:00pm • n/a
Sutliff & Stout is guided by the idea that all people are entitled to high-quality legal representation, regardless of wealth or social status. This idea requires that there are enough high-quality attorneys and legal professionals working in the field to support those who are in need of representation.
In an effort to enable more students who have a passion for law to be able to pursue that passion, our Houston car accident attorneys are offering an annual scholarship contest which will award a law student with a $2,000 award to be put toward his or her law school costs.
We are asking students to write an essay in which they answer the simple question: Why do you want to study law? The most compelling and articulate writer, as judged by the staff at Sutliff & Stout, will receive $2,000.
Applicants must be enrolled or accepted into an ABA-accredited law school in the United States as of the fall 2019 semester.
Applicants must submit the required information on or before Thursday, August 1, 2019
Applications must be received by no later than Thursday, August 1, 2019.
For additional info, please visit: https://www.sutliffstout.com/about-us/community/law-school-scholarship/Contact: Hank Stout
Miller Leonard Criminal Justice Reform Scholarship -- $1,000Thursday, August 1, 2019 - 12:00pm • n/a
Miller Leondard, PC announces their Criminal Justice Reform Scholarship. We are asking students to write an essay in which they answer this question:
What is the single most important reform that ought to be made to the United States criminal justice system?
The writer of the most compelling essay, as judged by criminal defense attorney Miller Leonard, will receive $1,000 to be put toward their legal education.
Requirements: Applicants must be enrolled or accepted into an ABA accredited law school in the United States as of the fall 2019 semester.
Deadline: August 1, 2019
For more info or to apply, please visit: https://millerleonardlaw.com/about/criminal-justice-scholarship/Contact: Wyatt Denton
Short Essay Scholarship Contest -- $1,000Friday, September 20, 2019 - 12:00pm • n/a
Title: Short Essay Scholarship Contest
Sponsor: The Law Office of Matthew D. Sharp
Essay Question: What do you think the legal consequences should be for falsely accusing someone of a crime, such as a hate crime or sexual assault?
Application form: https://sharpcriminalattorney.com/pdf/scholarship-application.pdf
Scholarship amount: $1,000.00
Eligibility: Students must be actively enrolled at the university with a valid student ID number and currently enrolled in classes in order to be eligible. Essays must be unique (not submitted elsewhere) and written by the student. All submissions should be in English. Applicants must read, understand, sign and return to us the (PDF) Matt Sharp Scholarship Essay Contest Application & Rules along with your submission. Applicants may only submit one essay per contest. All students who are currently enrolled in an accredited community college, undergraduate, or graduate program in the United States are welcome to apply.Contact: Katy Rawlins
2019 Weiss & Paarz Annual National Law Scholarship -- $1,000Monday, September 30, 2019 - 12:00pm • n/a
Each year, Weiss & Paarz will award a $1,000 Law Scholarship to a student starting or continuing law school anywhere in the United States of America.
Scholarships will be awarded each year to the student who demonstrates all of the following qualities and characteristics:
- Financial need
- Exceptional work ethic
- Strength in the face of adversity
- Outstanding academic achievement
- Commitment to the local community and charitable giving
- Ability to lead others
- Overall moral character
All applications must include the following:
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume listing work experience, educational background, and high school and college grade point average and class rank, if applicable;
- Personal Statement, which includes a description of your career goals and what you plan to use the scholarship funding for (2 pages maximum);
- Confirmation of enrollment in an ABA-accredited law school or copy of your current student ID; and copy of your state ID or driver’s license
For additional information, please visit: https://www.weisspaarz.com/2019-weiss-paarz-national-law-scholarship/Contact: Sarah Weiss Rozalis
Mesriani Law Group Scholarship--$500Tuesday, December 31, 2019 - 12:00pm • N/A
The MLG Scholarship For Future Litigation Lawyers
Mesriani Law Group understands the rigorous process that young law students go through to achieve their dreams of becoming practicing attorneys, along with the financial burdens that come with it. Many students often have to apply for financial aid and take out astronomical student loans, which is why grant programs are a great way to ease some of the difficulties associated with pursuing higher education.
In an effort to help bring forth excellent young lawyers to the forefront, MLG is offering a scholarship grant to determined and passionate future litigation lawyers.
A scholarship grant amounting to $500 shall be awarded to students who demonstrate the qualities and unimpeachable character embodied by every MLG lawyer:
- Exceptional leadership skills
- Outstanding work ethic
- Commitment to serve less fortunate litigants
- Unquestionable integrity and moral character
- Resilience in the face of adversity
MLG Scholarship Winner
The winner of the Mesriani Law Group Scholarship Offer shall receive the grant through check, which shall be written to the recipient’s school of choice. This grant shall be used exclusively for the winner’s current studies, including tuition and books.
Note: The winner will not be eligible to join the immediately succeeding scholarship grant.
Eligibility & Requirements
Apart from stellar academic performance and the aforementioned characteristics and qualities, eligible applicants for the MLG scholarship grant must also possess the following:
- Must be enrolled in any of the accredited colleges or universities in the U.S.
- Must be a current law school student or an undergraduate student interested in pursuing law school
To apply for our law scholarship grant, student applicants are required to submit the following:
- An original essay advocating why they should be chosen as the winner the MLG scholarship grant
- Proof of current enrollment
- School I.D. and a government issued I.D. (i.e. driver’s license)
- Curriculum vitae
Procedure & Deadline
All applicants must send their applications by way of the following:
- E-mail to Tricia Hallare at email@example.com; or
- Registered/ordinary mail to 5723 Melrose Ave FL 2 Los Angeles, CA 90038
Deadline of submissions should be made on or before December 31, 2019.
The winner of the MLG scholarship will be notified via e-mail.Contact: Tricia Hallare
DC Law Scholarship -- $2,000Friday, January 31, 2020 - 11:55pm • n/a
The DC Law Scholarship is a recurring scholarship worth $2,000 designed to help one continuing law student with their tuition costs. We welcome all eligible students to apply and look forward to reviewing your application.
Application Deadline: Jan 31, 2020
A winner will be announced by Feb 28, 2020
- 1L or continuing student at an accredited law school in the U.S.
- 3.5 or higher GPA
- Completed Application. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
- Upload a 500-600 word original essay on the following question: How could we improve our rules of procedure and/or rules of evidence to provide for a more fair and just civil jury trial? You can respond in the context of the Federal Rules, or any state that you prefer.
- Upload an Unofficial School Transcript
- Upload your Resume
To apply, please visit: https://www.texasjustice.com/dc-law-scholarship/Contact: Erik Evensen
Kohlmeyer Hagen Law Office Scholarship -- $1,000Thursday, April 30, 2020 - 12:00pm • n/a
We are now accepting applications for our annual Kohlmeyer Hagen Law Office Annual Scholarship, worth $1,000. This recurring scholarship will be awarded to one full-time student each spring. Students must be enrolled in an accredited high school, college, university or accredited law school and excels in leadership and academics while maintaining a minimum GPA of 3.0. Although pursuing a legal career is not required, it will be taken into consideration. We invite all eligible students to apply, and we look forward to reviewing your application.
- Application for this scholarship may be submitted by any US citizen enrolled as a full-time student from an accredited high school, community college, college or university or accredited law school.
- A transcript must be attached with counselor or school representative signature for application to substantiate application.
- Although not required, we recommend submitting at least one professional letter of recommendation along with a resume.
- Minimum GPA 3.0
To apply, please visit: https://khmnlaw.com/scholarship-application/
Deadline: April 30, 2020
Incomplete or late applications will not be considered. Please do not call the firm regarding this scholarship. If you have questions regarding eligibility or your submitted application, we invite you to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.Contact: Kohlmeyer Hagen Law Office