Opportunities & Aid
DDR Lawyers Legal Scholarship -- $1,500
The DDR Lawyers Legal Scholarship by Dolan Dobrinsky Rosenblum, LLP is a recurring scholarship worth $1,500 designed to help one law student with their tuition costs. We welcome all eligible students to apply and look forward to reviewing your application.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: DEC 31, 2018
A winner will be announced on or before Jan 31, 2019
- Admitted to an accredited law school in the U.S.
- 3.5 or higher GPA
- Completed Application. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
- Upload a 500-600 word original essay on what you hope to achieve in your legal career if awarded this scholarship.
- Upload School Transcript
- Upload Resume
For additional details, please visit: https://www.ddrlawyers.com/scholarship/Contact: Devin
Encyclopedia of Milwaukee Seeks Research Assistants
Amanda Seligman, Visiting Fellow in Law and Public Policy at the Law School, is one of the lead editors of the Encyclopedia of Milwaukee, a major print and digital project. The project is seeking Research Assistants who will work in two areas for the spring semester: fact-checking and cross-referencing.
Prospective Research Assistants may work for pay or credit, or on a volunteer basis. Expected time commitment is negotiable, but a minimum of 5 hours a week for the spring semester is required.
To apply, write to Amanda Seligman (email@example.com) explaining your interest in the position and giving contact information for a faculty member willing to act as a reference. You should also send a résumé; informal undergraduate and law school transcripts; and a footnoted writing sample from an undergraduate or law school class.
This opportunity is ideal for law students with undergraduate history majors, as well as for those interested in learning more about Milwaukee history. Applicants should be familiar with print and digital research techniques, with a focus on primary and secondary historical sources. Research Assistants are expected to work independently most of the time but will check in with Prof. Seligman weekly. Training will be provided.Contact: Amanda Seligman
iCompete Writing: A Compilation of Legal Writing Competitions
iCompete Writing, created and hosted by Suffolk University Law School's nationally ranked Legal Practice Skills program and Moakley Law Library, contains one of the most comprehensive collections of law student writing competitions. Arranged by date and topic, this regularly updated listing provides a portal to dozens of competitions, with prizes up to $25,000. Each entry displays the name of the competition, its deadline, and a link to an official page with more information.
Please visit: http://www.suffolk.edu/icompetewriting
Please note that some future deadlines are anticipated based on a competition's annual recurrence. Be sure to check back as competitions are updated.Contact: Kathleen Elliott Vinson
Ethics in Sports Law Writing Competition and Award
Created in 2017 and supported by the generosity of the National Sports Law Institute Board of Advisors member Anne Wall, the “Ethics in Sports Law Award” recognizes the Marquette University Law School student who writes the best 10–15 page (double spaced) essay on a current ethical dilemma in amateur or professional sports. Within the essay the student must explain the issue, and assert and defend an appropriate response from an ethical and moral perspective. The essay should include enough facts about the dilemma to properly explain how the situation could be handled to minimize harm if it is addressed in the ethical manner proposed by the student.
This award is open to any law student member of the Sports Law Society or Sports Law Certificate Program. The winner of the competition will receive $500. Complete details of this competition can be found online at https://law.marquette.edu/national-sports-law-institute/anne-wall-%E2%80%9Cethics-sports-law-writing-competition-and-award%E2%80%9D. Entries must be submitted by Monday, March 5.Contact: Prof. Paul Anderson
Risk Management in Sport Writing Competition and Award
Created in 2017 and supported by the generosity of the National Sports Law Institute Board of Advisors member Janis Doleschal, the “Risk Management in Sport Writing Competition and Award” will recognize the Marquette University Law School student who writes the best essay focused on an important risk management related issue in the sport industry.
Each candidate must submit an original, thought provoking, and well researched 10-15 page (double spaced) essay focused on an interesting risk management issue in the sports industry. Risk management is a focus on avoiding legal liability and assessing situations of potential harm or damage to mitigate such harm or damage before it occurs. The essay should use a hypothetical situation created by the student, or focus on a situation that is or has already occurred within the sports industry. The essay should then use the law to discuss the ramifications of the situation, what should have been done to avert the situation, and what needs to be done in the future to avoid a similar situation.
This award is open to any law student member of our Sports Law Society or Certificate program. The winner of the competition will receive $1,000. Complete details of this competition can be found online at https://law.marquette.edu/national-sports-law-institute/janis-doleschal-%E2%80%9Crisk-management-sport-writing-competition-and-award%E2%80%9D. Entries must be submitted by Monday, March 19.Contact: Prof. Paul Anderson
2018 National Sports Law Student Writing Competition
The National Sports Law Student Writing Competition was created to encourage law student scholarship on current topics in sports law. Any law student in good standing who is currently attending an accredited law school within the United States and its territories may enter the competition. The winner of the writing award receives an invitation to attend the National Sports Law Institute's annual conference (to be held on Friday, October 12, 2018) at no cost, and an offer to publish in an issue of the Marquette Sports Law Review. Further information on the competition, including the entry form, is available online here. The deadline for submission to the 2018 competition is May 31, 2018.Contact: Prof. Paul Anderson
Funny? Creative? Enter the E.D. Wis. Bar Association Evans Writing Competition
“The Duck Test holds that if it walks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's a duck. Joseph Lake, the plaintiff in this suit, flunks the Duck Test. He says, in effect, that if it walks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it sure as heck isn't a duck.” Lake v. O'Neal, 585 F.3d 1059, 1059-60 (7th Cir. 2009 )(Evans, J.)
Terry Evans was an awesome judge. In addition to wisely deciding cases, he made us laugh. In honor of Judge Evans’ talent and boundless wit, and to encourage like-minded practitioners to occasionally pepper the page with more than dull string cites, the EDWBA invites Wisconsin law school students to show some verve for the chance to win a scholarship of $500.
Rules for Submission:
- Must be a law student at Marquette or UW
- Must submit original written work. Anything goes - brief, prose, poem, song, text.
- Must be related to the law
- 2,500 word limit
- One entry per person
- Email entries to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 21, 2018
- Luddites can “mail” to EDWBA, 424 E. Wells St., Milwaukee, WI 53202
Chance to Win:
- $500 for the top law student
- Recognition at EDWBA Annual Meeting
- Publication in EDWBA Newsletter
Marquette Law 2Ls: Apply for the 2018 Wisconsin Hispanic Law Student Scholarship -- $2,000
The Wisconsin Hispanic Lawyers Association (WHLA) invites current second year Wisconsin law students of Hispanic origin to apply for the 2018 WHLA Hispanic Law Student Scholarship. Qualified students must be enrolled at Marquette University Law School or the University of Wisconsin Law School as a current second year student. The award will be $2,000 paid to the law school toward the tuition of the chosen recipient for his/her third year of law school. Completed applications must be emailed or dropped off to Professor Fodor by 5 p.m. on Friday, March 16.
- Applicant must be a current 2L in good academic standing; a minimum GPA is not required, but academic achievement will be a factor considered for the scholarship.
- Applicant must be a minimum of 25% Hispanic ethnic origin.
- Consideration will be placed on a student essay describing the applicant’s endeavors, volunteerism, general financial need, and any other factor the student believes is relevant to consideration for the scholarship.
Applicants must submit the following:
- Most recent law school transcript (unofficial)
- Current resume
- Typed personal essay of not more than 500 words (see details below)
- One letter of recommendation (from an employer, teacher, mentor, advisor, etc.)
ESSAY INSTRUCTIONS: Applicants must submit a personal essay. The essay may address one or more of the suggested topics below. Applicants are not required to address each topic individually and should not feel restricted to these topics: they are suggestions to assist essay-writing, not to dictate or limit the essay. The essay should be no more than 500 words. List your name, mailing address, email address, phone number and law school at the top of the first page. List your name at the top of each additional page.
- Describe any law student activities or any efforts outside of law school that are associated with or in service to the Hispanic community.
- Describe any specific academic achievements you have had as a law student and your interest in the law as a career.
- Students who have unmet tuition needs may discuss how this scholarship would assist those needs.
- Describe your interest in being a lawyer or your career goals after completing law school.
- Discuss the importance of your Hispanic heritage to you or your family.
- Discuss any other factors you believe important to your consideration for this scholarship.
Trowbridge Merit Scholarship -- Up to $1,000Thursday, March 15, 2018 - 12:05pm • n/a
Trowbridge Merit Scholarship
Amount: Between $500-$1,000 for one year
Fields of Study: Law
Requirements: Applicant must be a legal resident of Brown County or have previously resided in Brown County for at least five years. Applicant must be a student in good standing after completing one or two years of law school. Application requires submission of applicant’s resume and statement of career objectives. Scholarships are awarded based on law-related community service, student activities, and career objectives.
For more information, please visit https://www.ggbcf.org/-Grant-Scholarship-Seekers/Apply-for-a-ScholarshipContact: Rashad J. Cobb
AKC Companion Animal Law Writing Contest -- $2,500Saturday, March 31, 2018 - 5:00pm • n/a
The American Kennel Club recently launched their Companion Animal Law Writing Contest for law students enrolled at ABA-accredited law schools. First prize will be awarded $2,500. Entries are due by March 30, 2018. Please click here for more information.Contact: Emily Holmes
Gainsberg Law Annual Scholarship Award -- $2,500Sunday, April 1, 2018 - 11:55pm • n/a
It can take only one second for your life to change forever – something our clients know all too well. At Gainsberg Law, we fight for the futures of our clients, to help them regain what is lost, and to plan for their new lives ahead. We can offer this assistance because of the civil justice system, which allows people to seek redress when a wrong has been committed. To maintain that system, however, we need strong, passionate and dedicated lawyers who promise to uphold the law and protect the system. We want to help those young lawyers pursue their dreams and protect the justice system. That is why we are proud to announce the Gainsberg Law Annual Scholarship Award.
To be eligible for the award, applicants must submit the following no later than April 1, 2018:
- Proof of enrollment for the upcoming academic year
- 2 recommendations from a member of the faculty or staff at the university or school, or from a teacher from the previous year (for incoming students only)
- One essay up to 1,000 words on why you are interested in the law
- Academic Transcripts from the current academic year, 2017-2018
Scholarship winner will receive $2,500.
For more information, please visit: https://www.gainsberglaw.com/scholarship/Contact: Gainsberg Law
Taylor & Ring’s Annual Victim Advocate Scholarship -- $5,000Wednesday, April 25, 2018 - 11:55pm • n/a
Taylor & Ring announce their Victim Advocate Scholarship. This annual award will be given to a student interested in pursuing the study of law with a specific goal of helping survivors of sexual assault, rape, child abuse, or sexual harassment in the workplace. The successful candidate needs to be currently enrolled in, or will be enrolled in, an accredited college or university or law school for the upcoming academic year. The scholarship can be paid directly to the student’s college or law school at his or her request, if necessary.
Scholarship amount: $5,000
To be eligible for the scholarship, please submit the following to the link below:
- An essay of no more than 1000 words about what the civil justice systems means to you;
- Proof of enrollment in an accredited college or university or law school;
- A brief statement about your financial needs.
We may also ask the finalists for a letter of recommendation from a current or former teacher or professor or advisor.
All applications must be completed and submitted by April 25, 2018 in order to be eligible for consideration. The winner will be notified by June 2018 and the winning essay will be posted on our website (with the winner’s approval, of course).
For additional information, please visit: https://www.taylorring.com/scholarship/.Contact: Taylor & Ring
Smith-Doheny Legal Ethics Writing Competition -- $2,500Friday, April 27, 2018 - 5:00pm • n/a
Notre Dame Law School is once again sponsoring an annual writing competition on the topic of legal ethics. All students with an interest in legal ethics are invited and encouraged to participate.
- The competition is open to all law students at U.S. and Canadian law schools.
- Entries should concern any issue within the general category of legal ethics.
- Entries must be original, unpublished work.
- Entries must not exceed 50 pages, including notes, on 8.5 x 11 paper, double space, and
- standard font.
- Coauthored essays may be submitted.
- Submissions will be judged by a panel of faculty of the Notre Dame Law School.
- A prize of $2,500 will be awarded for one winning entry.
- All entries must be received before 5 p.m. on Friday, April 27, 2018.
- Please include cover letter with contact information and name of current law school.
All entries should be submitted to:
Smith-Doheny Legal Ethics Writing Competition
Notre Dame Law School
P.O. Box 780
Notre Dame, Indiana 46556
Fax: (574) 631-8612
For additional information, please visit: www.nd.edu/~ndlaw/writing_competitions/smith_doheny.pdfContact: Notre Dame Law School
Keren Goldenberg Public Defender Intern Scholarship -- $1,000Sunday, April 29, 2018 - 11:55pm • n/a
The Law Offices of Keren Goldenberg announce their Public Defender Intern Scholarship.
- This scholarship is judged primarily on applicant’s commitment to indigent defense work and financial need, but does not exclude achievement standards.
- The scholarship must be submitted, in full, by April 29, 2018.
- LATE AND/OR INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- Applicants for the scholarship can be submitted by any law student, college student, or high school student who is presently or will be interning at a public defender office during the school year or upcoming summer.
- A student aid report showing income status of your household must be attached for application to be considered.
- A transcript must be attached with counselor or school representative signature for application to be considered.
- This is a one-time scholarship worth $1,000.
- Although not required, applicants are encouraged to submit recommendation letters and/or resumes to substantiate their application.
For additional information, please visit: http://kgdefenselaw.com/scholarship-application/.Contact: The Law Offices of Keren Goldenberg
Christopher Simon Attorney at Law Scholarship -- $1,000Monday, April 30, 2018 - 11:55pm • n/a
Christopher Simon Attorney at Law, located in Atlanta, GA is offering a $1,000 scholarship to one incoming 1L or currently enrolled law school student. This scholarship is offered for the Fall 2018 academic semester. Eligible students must submit their applications by email to the following email address by due date. Late applications will not be considered.
- This scholarship will only be awarded to one incoming 1L or a currently enrolled Law Student
- Hold a 3.0 or higher overall GPA
- Must be a legal resident of the U.S.
Scholarship Award: $1,000
Scholarship Deadline: April 30, 2018
For additional information, please visit: https://www.christophersimon.com/scholarship-application.htmlContact: Christopher Simon
Plaxen and Adler Scholarship -- $2,500Tuesday, May 15, 2018 - 11:55pm • n/a
The Plaxen and Adler Scholarship Awards $2,500 annually to a law student who has demonstrated an interest in civil trial advocacy and a career as a civil trial lawyer, as well as the concept of a fair civil justice system, a just result for the injured, a desire to represent the injured and those whose rights are jeopardized. The scholarship is available to all students enrolled in law school, as well as senior college students already accepted in an accredited law school, including those who are outstanding and promising scholars, have an interest in civil trial advocacy and possess a commitment to diversity and inclusion.
To apply, your application must include the following:
- A resume
- An essay or letter of no more than 1000 words on how you meet the criteria
- Up to 3 recommendations
Submit applications to email@example.com. Please use the subject line “Plaxen and Adler Scholarship Application 2018 – [Your Name Here]”.
All applications must be submitted by May 15, 2018.Contact: Bruce Plaxen
Plattner Verderame, P.C.’s Annual Civil Justice Scholarship -- $2,500Thursday, May 31, 2018 - 12:55pm • n/a
Plattner Verderame announces their Civil Justice Scholarship. This annual award will be given to a student interested in any aspect of social or civil justice, who is currently enrolled in, or will be enrolled in, an accredited college or university for the upcoming academic year. The scholarship can be paid directly to the student’s college at his or her request.
Scholarship amount: $2,500
To apply for the scholarship, please submit the following to the form below:
- Proof of enrollment in an accredited college or university
- One recommendation letter from a current or previous year teacher or professor
- A 1000-word essay about the American civil justice and jury system.
All applications must be completed and submitted by June 2018 to be eligible for consideration.
For additional information, please visit: https://plattner-verderame.com/scholarship/Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
CPW Law Legal Scholarship -- $3,000Thursday, May 31, 2018 - 11:55pm • n/a
CPW Law is a medical malpractice and catastrophic injury law firm with locations throughout Ohio and Kentucky. The CPW Law Legal Scholarship awards $3000 annually to a student who has demonstrated an interest in a career as a trial lawyer, and a passion for representing injured individuals whose rights have been jeopardized. The scholarship is available to all pre-law, incoming and current students currently enrolled, or who will be enrolled, at an accredited law school for the upcoming semester, who can demonstrate financial need in the form of government-sponsored student loans, who have exemplified exceptional skills as orators and who consider helping those less fortunate a calling that they wish to answer. The student must also have a firm commitment to diversity and equality and be dedicated to protecting the rights of everyone regardless of race, sex, religion or sexual orientation.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must include the following:
- A resume, including a current photo
- An essay or letter of no more than 1200 words on how you meet the criteria
- Up to 3 recommendations from former/current employers, coaches, mentors and/or professors (family members and personal friends are not allowed)
- Undergraduate transcript
Submit applications online here: https://www.cpw-law.com/scholarship/. All applications must be submitted by May 31, 2018.Contact: Mike Edwards
25th Annual Brown Award -- Up to $10,000Friday, June 1, 2018 - 12:00pm • n/a
The Judge John R. Brown Scholarship Foundation is pleased to announce the twenty-fifth annual Brown Award. The Award is in recognition of Excellence in Legal Writing in American Law Schools. Any law student currently enrolled in an accredited law school in the United States seeking a J.D. or LL.B degree is eligible to submit a paper for the Award. The awards for 2018 will be as follows:
$10,000 First Place,
$5,000 Second Place,
$3,000 Third Place,
$1,000 Finalist, and
$5,000 to the Scholarship Fund selected by the Dean of the law school in which the First Place candidate is enrolled.
For additional details, please visit: https://www.brownsims.com/about-brown-sims/affiliations/judge-john-r-brown-award/Contact: Kenneth G. Engerrand
Scrofano Law PC Aspiring Public Defender Scholarship -- $1,500Friday, June 1, 2018 - 11:55pm • n/a
Scrofano Law PC believes that working as a public defender is one of the highest callings in the legal profession. Too often public defenders are overworked and under resourced. They face daily insurmountable odds in the courtroom and in a system that is often rigged against their clients. To give back to the legal community and express our admiration and appreciation to those who aspire to fight for the underdog, we have created a scholarship for law students interested in pursuing a career as a public defender.
Scholarship Amount: $1,500.00
- 1st or 2nd year law student
- Interest in legal career representing individuals rather than institutions
- Employed in summer position at a public defender’s office
- Resume, transcript, offer letter or other proof of internship at PDS that indicates whether paid or unpaid
- 500-700 word essay on the following topic: As a public defender or private criminal defense lawyer, you will often be asked the question: how can you defend people you know are guilty?
Deadline: June 1, 2018
Submit all application materials in a PDF format to email@example.com.
For more information, please visit https://www.scrofanolaw.com/firm-profile/scholarships/.Contact: Joseph Scrofano
Chapman Albin Scholarship -- $1,000Friday, June 15, 2018 - 3:10pm • n/a
The Cleveland-based Chapman Albin Law Firm announces their annual scholarship.
June 15, 2018; Winner to be announced on or before July 15, 2018
- Law student planning on attending, accepted to attend, or currently attending an accredited law school in the U.S.
- U.S. citizen 18 years or older
- Applicants may not be current or past employees of ChapmanAlbin or be directly related to a current employee
- Completed scholarship application
- 300-500 word essay (specific topic details can be found on submission form)
- An acceptance letter from an accredited law school in the U.S. (new students) or an unofficial transcript from an accredited law school in the U.S. (current students)
- All materials submitted by June 15, 2018; late or incomplete applications will not be considered
- All materials must be submitted electronically via the form on the ChapmanAlbin website
- Before receiving the award, recipient will be required to demonstrate enrollment at an accredited law school in the U.S.
- A check for $1,000 will be made to the scholarship recipient’s law school of choice to cover expenses
- Scholarship is to be used exclusively to cover law school tuition and other related expenses such as books or room/board
- Recipient is expected to submit receipts in accordance with IRS regulations
College of Labor and Employment Lawyers Annual Law Student Writing Competition -- $3,000Friday, June 15, 2018 - 11:55pm • n/a
The College of Labor and Employment Lawyers announces its Annual Law Student Writing Competition. Entries should address aspects of public or private sector labor and/or employment law relevant to the American labor and employment bar. Students are encouraged to discuss a public policy issue, practical implications of a leading case or doctrine, a statute or the need for statutory modification, or a common law doctrine. Articles may address U.S. law, international law of relevance to U.S. labor and employment attorneys, or how a legal topic is treated in states across the country.
First Place: $3,000
Second Place: $1,000
Third Place: $500
Entries must be received by midnight (EDT) on June 15, 2018, and should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional entry rules and guidelines, please visit: http://laborandemploymentcollege.org/images/pdfs/WRITINGCOMPETITIONRULES2016-2017.pdf.Contact: College of Labor and Employment Lawyers
Harris Lowry Manton Academic Scholarship Award -- $5,000Saturday, June 30, 2018 - 11:55pm • n/a
Harris Lowry Manton LLP is pleased to announce their ongoing efforts to help students pursue their education goals and dreams by offering the First Annual Harris Lowry Manton Academic Scholarship Award for $5,000. The Harris Lowry Manton Academic Scholarship Award will be given to any pre-law, incoming or current law student who is either currently enrolled, or who will be enrolled, in an accredited college or university for the fall semester of the upcoming academic year. This annual scholarship will be awarded at the end of July, and can be paid directly to the school upon the winner’s request. The award is non-transferable.
Applications are due by June 30, 2018. For additional details, please visit: https://www.hlmlawfirm.com/annual-harris-lowry-manton-llp-academic-scholarship-award/Contact: Harris Lowry Manton LLP
2018 American Inns of Court Warren E. Burger Prize -- $5,000Sunday, July 1, 2018 - 11:55pm • n/a
The American Inns of Court Warren E. Burger Prize is a writing competition designed to promote scholarship in the areas of professionalism, ethics, civility, and excellence. They invite judges, lawyers, professors, students, scholars, and other authors to participate in the competition. Please submit an original, unpublished, essay of 10,000 to 20,000 words on a topic of your choice addressing issues of legal excellence, civility, ethics, and professionalism.
The author of the winning essay will receive a cash prize of $5,000. The essay will be published in the South Carolina Law Review. The prize will be presented to the recipient at the American Inns of Court annual Celebration of Excellence at the Supreme Court of the United States.
For additional details, please visit: http://home.innsofcourt.org/burgerprize.Contact: Cindy Dennis
2018 Tannenwald Writing Competition -- $5,000Friday, July 6, 2018 - 8:00pm • n/a
Named for the late Tax Court Judge Theodore Tannenwald, Jr., and designed to perpetuate his dedication to legal scholarship of the highest quality, the Tannenwald Writing Competition is open to all full- or part-time law school students, undergraduate or graduate. Papers on any federal or state tax-related topic may be submitted in accordance with the Competition Rules (viewable at https://www.tannenwald.org/Competition-Rules).
Cash prizes of $5,000, $2,500 and $1,500 for the top three papers.
Deadline for submitting papers: 9:00 p.m. EDT, July 6, 2018.
Mail and email papers to:
Attn: Sandie Kiedrowski
700 Sixth Street, NW, Ste. 700
Washington, DC 20001
The Frankowski Firm’s Annual Academic Scholarship Award -- $2,500Tuesday, July 31, 2018 - 11:55pm • n/a
The Frankowski Firm announces the creation of the Annual Academic Scholarship Award. This scholarship will be awarded each year to a law student who is or will be enrolled in an accredited university or college in the Fall semester of the upcoming academic year. The award will be presented to the applicant who has best demonstrated outstanding academic achievement while promoting justice and serving the needs of those who have been disadvantaged or injured. The award is non-transferable, and can be paid directly to the school at the student’s request.
Scholarship award: $2,500
Eligibility and requirements:
To be eligible for the award, applicants must submit the following:
- Proof of enrollment for the upcoming academic year
- 2 recommendations from a member of the faculty or staff at the university or school, or from a teacher from the previous year (for incoming students only)
- One essay of no more than 1,000 words, focusing on why helping consumers and/or investors is important to you.
For more information, please visit: https://frankowskifirm.com/scholarship/Contact: GivingBack@frankowskifirm.com
The Ryan Law Group Scholarship -- $1,000Tuesday, July 31, 2018 - 11:55pm • n/a
The Ryan Law Group is awarding to one college student a scholarship of $1,000. The scholarship will be awarded to the applicant who submits an essay that we feel most exemplifies the spirit of the theme.
This year the theme will be ‘Future Advocates of Justice’. Our firm helps victims who have been wronged by personal injury or wrongful death. The winning essay will demonstrate how the writer plans to help those who cannot find justice on their own. The writer should demonstrate a deep understanding and compassion of the situations where people are faced with a horrible situation and need legal assistance to hold the proper parties accountable. The essay should conclude with where the applicants sees themselves in the future continuing this important work.
- The essay can be between 750 and 1,000 words.
- The essay must relate to the theme.
- The essay must be original work written by the applicant.
Submission Deadline is July 31, 2018.
For additional information and submission form, please visit https://theryanlawgroup.com/scholarship/.Contact: Frank Eybsen
The Cantor Motorcycle Law Student Scholarship Fund / Student Pledge -- $1,000Tuesday, July 31, 2018 - 11:55pm • n/a
CantorMotorcycleLaw.com believes in achieving a higher education just as much as they take pride in representing people who have been injured in an accident. They understand and appreciate the importance of a solid education and how it factors into the future of successful students. They also understand the potential difficulties of obtaining a degree because of increasing costs of tuition, textbooks, and the everyday necessities of life.
In order to help make an education more affordable opportunity and to help spread awareness about Riding Under the Influence and Wearing Helmet, CantorMotorcycleLaw.com is offering a $1,000 student scholarship to help current or soon-to-be students ease the burden of higher education costs.
To apply, simply complete the form found here: http://cantormotorcyclelaw.com/cantor-motorcycle-law-student-scholarship-fund
The application deadline for the 2018 Scholarship is July 31, 2018.Contact: Cantor Crane
Asian Heritage Law School Scholarship -- $1,000Wednesday, August 1, 2018 - 4:15pm • n/a
Boston divorce attorney Gabriel Cheong with Infinity Law Group LLC is offering an annual scholarship for law school students of Asian heritage. The $1,000 scholarship will be awarded every fall semester and is intended to encourage more Asian Americans to choose a degree that will help them give back to the Asian community.
The Asian Heritage Scholarship is open to students who will be attending an accredited U.S. Law School in the fall of 2018 and meet all needed requirements. Candidates are asked to write a short essay describing how their background and experiences in the Asian American community influenced their choice to go to law school and how they plan to use their degree to help give back to their community.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen
- Applicant must be a current law student or has been accepted and will be attending their first year of law school in the fall of the application year
- Academic achievement as reflected by an undergraduate cumulative minimum 3.0 GPA
- Recipient must be of Asian heritage with at least one parent of Asian ancestry
Applicants must submit the following by August 1st of the application year:
- A completed Scholarship Application Form
- One to three (1-3) page typed essay
- An official and complete copy of undergraduate transcripts
- A copy of an acceptance letter from an accredited Law School within the United States
- Proof of legal residency in the U.S. (i.e., birth certificate, passport, permanent resident card, etc.)
Infinity Law Group Scholarship is to be used exclusively for tuition and related expenses. A check for $1,000 will be made payable to the award recipient’s Law School to cover these expenses.
For more information, please visit: https://www.infinlaw.com/scholarship/.Contact: Sam Maher
Weiss & Paarz National Law Scholarship -- $1,000Monday, September 3, 2018 - 11:55pm • n/a
Weiss & Paarz Medical Malpractice Attorneys are thrilled to announce the second year of their exciting scholarship opportunity. The scholarship will be awarded to the student who demonstrates all of the following qualities and characteristics:
- Financial need
- Exceptional work ethic
- Strength in the face of adversity
- Outstanding academic achievement
- Commitment to the local community and charitable giving
- Ability to lead others
- Overall moral character
All applications must include the following:
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume listing work experience, educational background, and high school and college grade point average and class rank, if applicable;
- Personal Statement, which includes a description of your career goals and what you plan to use the scholarship funding for (2 pages maximum);
- Confirmation of enrollment in an ABA-accredited law school or copy of your current student ID; and
- Copy of your state ID or driver’s license
Students must submit their application by email to Sarah Weiss Rozalis at email@example.com by September 3, 2018.
Winner will receive a $1,000 scholarship.
For more information, please visit http://www.weisspaarz.com/2018-weiss-paarz-national-law-scholarship/Contact: Sarah Weiss Rozalis
Christensen Law Firm Scholarship -- $2,000Thursday, January 31, 2019 - 12:00am • n/a
The Christensen Law Firm Scholarship is a recurring scholarship worth $2,000 designed to help one incoming 1L or continuing law school student pay for their tuition costs.
Who is eligible: Incoming first year or continuing law students who are enrolled in an accredited law school in the United States, and hold a 3.5 minimum GPA.
Application instructions: Applications including all supporting documents must be submitted in full, online, by January 31, 2019 in order to be considered. A winner will be announced on, or before, February 28, 2019 at which point we will arrange to have $2,000 sent to the student's financial aid department to help pay for their tuition costs.
Application page: https://www.texasinjurylawhelp.com/christensen-law-firm-scholarship/Contact: Christensen Law Firm