Pro Bono Opportunities
Deadline to Submit Pro Bono Hours
To be included in the 2023 Pro Bono Society Induction, the deadline to submit all hours, or a plan to complete all hours before the end of the semester, is Friday, April 14.
- If you will have recorded enough pro bono hours in your account by Friday, April 14, you will be included in the Pro Bono Honor Society Induction event.
- If you will not have completed all hours by Friday, April 14, but will complete them (i.e., you are scheduled for shifts) by the end of the semester (May 19), please complete this form by April 14 to share your plan with Dean Schultz.
Do you need more hours to reach your goal? Reach out to Dean Schultz to make a plan or sign-up for open pro bono shifts in the "Open Sign-Ups” tab of your pro bono account. Students who reach 50+ and 120+ hours are inducted into the Pro Bono Honor Society and wear an honor cord for service at the Law School Hooding and Commencement Ceremony.
Contact: Angela Schultz
Mobile Legal Clinic: Join Husch Blackwell LawyersThursday, March 30, 2023 - 1:15pm • Evolve Church
Husch Blackwell attorneys will pair up with Marquette Law Students to provide a legal advice clinic on March 30. Don’t miss this opportunity to work alongside the Husch Blackwell team at the community-focused Evolve Church where Khris Middleton, Jrue Holiday, and George Hill are congregation members.
- Who: Marquette Law Students & Husch Blackwell Attorneys
- What: Brief legal advice on civil legal matters
- When: Thursday, March 30, 2 to 5 p.m.* (The Mobile Legal Clinic will drive everyone from Eckstein Hall at 1:15 p.m.)
- Where: Evolve Church, 6550 N 76th St, Milwaukee, WI 53223
- Why: Because civil legal needs are prevalent among Milwaukee’s low-income community and ours is a service profession
*Late arrivals and early departures are welcome to accommodate your class schedule.
The clinic will run in the model of the Marquette Volunteer Legal Clinics. New volunteers are welcome (plan to spend ~2 hours with the training materials). Email your interest directly to email@example.com or sign-up through the “Open Sign-Ups” tab in your pro bono account (look for the job on 3/30/23 called “Mobile Legal Clinic – Law Students”). If you need a shorter shift time, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your planned participation timeframe.Contact: Angela Schultz