DDR Lawyers Legal Scholarship -- $1,500
The DDR Lawyers Legal Scholarship by Dolan Dobrinsky Rosenblum, LLP is a recurring scholarship worth $1,500 designed to help one law student with their tuition costs. We welcome all eligible students to apply and look forward to reviewing your application.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: JAN 31, 2020
The winner will be announced on or before Mar 31, 2020
- Admitted to an accredited law school in the U.S.
- 3.5 or higher cumulative GPA
- APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Completed Application. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
- Upload a 500-600 word original essay on what you hope to achieve in your legal career if awarded this scholarship.
- Upload School Transcript
- Upload Resume
For additional information and to submit your application materials, please visit: https://www.ddrlawyers.com/scholarship/Contact: DDR Lawyers
New and Notable
Student Organization Officer Training
Student Organization Training and Registration
In order for your organization to be considered “Active” for the 2019-20 academic year, there are three requirements:
- Submit Officer Training RSVP and Quiz (all officers)
- We have provided three different sessions to accommodate a variety of schedules and you will only need to attend once. However, all officers must attend at least one of the training for your group to be considered active. Lunch and/or snacks will be provided.
- Please complete this RSVP and Quiz form before attending training.
- Attend Officer Training (all officers)
- Thursday, August 22, from 12:10 – 1:10 p.m.
- Monday, August 26, from 5:15 – 6:15 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 27, from 8:00 – 9:00 a.m.
- Complete Organization Application Form (one per organization)
- This form must be completed before any meetings and events will be approved.
We look forward to seeing you at training. If you have any questions regarding starting a student organization or becoming active for the year, please don't hesitate to reach out.Contact: Sarah DiStefano
Graduate Student Organization's Welcome Back EventThursday, August 22, 2019 - 7:00pm • Union Sports Annex
The Marquette University Graduate Student Organization welcomes all graduate students back to campus! Please join us at the Union Sports Annex on Thursday, August 22 at 7:00 p.m. to socialize with new and current graduate students. We’ll provide snacks, refreshments, and conversation. We hope to see you there!Lisa Lamson
Opportunities & Aid
Construction and Public Contract Law Section Scholarship -- $2,000Wednesday, October 23, 2019 - 12:00pm • n/a
The Construction and Public Contract Law Section of the State Bar of Wisconsin encourages the exchange of ideas and continuing education among attorneys practicing in these fields, and advances the development and improvement of construction and public contract law. As part of its efforts, the Section is offering a $2,000.00 scholarship to law students pursuing their law degree at Marquette University Law School. The $2,000.00 scholarship will be paid to the law school toward the tuition of the chosen recipient. Following the announcement of the scholarship winner in December 2019, the award will be applied to the recipients’ tuition account for the second semester of the 2019-20 school year.
Deadline: October 23, 2019Contact: Bryant Park
Join the Marquette Law Mentorship Program
The Marquette Law Mentorship Program pairs first-year law students with upper-class mentors to help ease the transition into law school. Mentors and mentees are paired based on academic interests, hometowns, hobbies or other common interests. A couple of formal events will be planned over the semester, but events mainly serve as a gateway to encourage further and more frequent contact between mentors and mentees. The program is designed to create genuine friendships that benefit both mentor and mentee.
If you would like to participate, fill out this short form and await your pairing!Ashley Rossman