Silverman, McDonald & Friedman Educational Scholarship -- $5,000
Silverman, McDonald & Friedman proudly announce the annual Silverman, McDonald & Friedman Educational Scholarship. This yearly scholarship will be awarded to a law student who is dedicated to upholding the rights of the injured. The successful candidate will be enrolled, or have proof of future enrollment, in an accredited college, university or law school for the upcoming academic year. The scholarship can be paid directly to the student’s institution, at his or her request.
Scholarship amount: $5,000
To be eligible for the scholarship, please submit the following to the link below:
- An essay of no more than 500 words about what the civil justice systems means to you;
- Proof of enrollment in an accredited college or university or law school;
- A brief statement about your financial needs.
Finalists may be asked for a letter of recommendation from a current or former teacher or professor.
All applications must be completed and submitted by June of 2019 in order to be eligible for consideration. The winner will be notified by July of 2019. Winning essays may be posted on our website, with the student’s approval.Silverman, McDonald & Friedman
New and Notable
MU Counseling Center Support Groups Available
Marquette University Counseling Center offers a variety of support and therapy groups each semester. Please click the links below to see their spring 2019 offerings.
Law students may be especially interested in the Counseling Center's "Survive and Thrive in Graduate/Professional School" support group. The group meets on Fridays from 3:00 - 4:15 p.m. in Holthusen Hall, Rm. 204. Graduate and professional students will discuss topics of their choice, including:
- Making the transition to graduate or professional school
- Feeling like you don't fit in or belong in your program
- Feeling overwhelmed with all of the requirements and responsibilities
- Feeling stuck in completing your capstone project