1Ls & 2Ls: Apply To Be an ASP Leader
We are now accepting applications for Academic Success Program (ASP) leaders for the 2019-20 academic year. ASP leaders assist 1Ls in connection with a variety of academic-related matters, including developing productive study habits, preparing for examinations, and welcoming 1Ls during orientation. ASP leaders receive academic credit for their work. All leaders are required to sit in on all class sessions of the course for which they lead ASP sessions. Application materials (detailed below) are due to Ms. Stephanie Danz in suite 238, no later than 12 p.m. on Monday, February 18.
The following qualities will guide the selection of ASP leaders:
- the ability to communicate effectively with faculty members, peers, and other students;
- the care and creativity needed to assist students in developing learning habits and in welcoming them to our community;
- the analytical skills essential to success as a law student;
- the experience to understand that students learn in different ways; and
- the professionalism to live up to a commitment that spans the entire academic year, regardless of other existing and potential demands.
Eligibility: All Marquette law students who will complete the 1L curriculum before the Fall 2019 Semester are eligible to apply.
How to Apply: Should you be interested in serving as an ASP leader for the entirety of the next academic year, please submit hard copies of the following:
- A signed cover letter that explains your interest in serving as an ASP leader (cover letters may be addressed to Dean Fodor)
- A list of your first-year professors (fall and spring) and available grades
Please submit your packet of materials to Ms. Stephanie Danz in suite 238, no later than 12 p.m. on Monday, February 18. Please note that the Career Planning Center is available to assist students who have questions about preparing legal résumés and cover letters.
You will be contacted regarding interviews after we have received all applications.Contact: Dean Fodor