On Tuesday, June 23rd, 2020, the National Sports Law Institute and Summerfest invite you to attend Current Issues in Sports & Entertainment Law, at Marquette University Law School. Tentative topics and participants include -
- 50 Years of Sports Facility Naming Rights
- Professor William Miller, class of 1996, Associate Professor of Sport Management, Chair, Health, Kinesiology and Sport Management Department, University of Wisconsin-Parkside
- Collegiate athletes’ name, image and likeness rights
- Professor Barbara Osborne, Professor, Sports Administration and Director, Graduate Sports Administration Program, University of North Carolina
- Copyright Termination: The Effects on Entertainment Professionals and Estate Planning
- Laura Lamansky, Associate Attorney, Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Impact of Federal Opportunity Zone Tax Legislation on Team, Stadium and Arena Financing
- Robert E. Leib, JD, LL.M, CPA, Attorney at Law, Leib Advisors LLC
- Multijurisdictional and Multi-party Representation
The National Sports Law Institute of Marquette University Law School will apply for 5 Wisconsin CLE credits for this event.
Registration for the Seminar will open in May of 2020. No walk in attendees will be accepted.
7:30 am = Registration and Continental breakfast open in room 433.
8 am - 1 pm = Presentations in room 444.
Travel and Parking
Parking information and directions to Eckstein Hall can be found here. Limited parking will be available at no charge for registered conference attendees on a first come first serve basis in level 2 of the Eckstein Hall parking structure. The entrance for visitor parking is on the West side, in the middle of 11th street, just past the law school building. Please identify yourself as a "Sports Law Seminar Attendee" and take a parking ticket as you enter the parking garage. When you enter the building, please check in at the main desk where you will recieve a second parking ticket. You will need both tickets to exit the lot. After validating your parking check in at the Seminar registration desk in the welcome area.