Board of Advisors
The National Sports Law Institute is aided by its Board of Advisors. The Board of Advisors is a group of sports lawyers, sports industry executives and professionals, sports law professors and teachers, and others with a demonstrated interest in the field of sports law. The primary duties of the members of the Board of Advisors are: 1) to contribute to the advancement of knowledge regarding legal, ethical, and business issues affecting the sports industries; 2) to provide advice and guidance on matters affecting Marquette University Law School's Sports Law Program; 3) to attend NSLI events and to participate in the governance of the NSLI; and 4) to assume other duties and responsibilities (including service on committees) that further the NSLI's best interests.
The Board of Advisors includes the following individuals:
BOARD OF ADVISORS
- CHAIR: John P. Collins, Partner, Collins & Collins, Chicago, Illinois
- VICE-CHAIR: Mary K. Braza, Partner and Chair, Sports Industry Team, Foley & Lardner LLP, and Adjunct Professor of Law, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
SPORTS INDUSTRY REPRESENTATIVES
- Schuyler J. Baehman (L’00), Director of Communications & Player Relations, National Hockey League, New York, New York
- Matt Banker (L’01), Associate Athletic Director - Compliance, University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky
- Jeff Benz, Benz Law / Benz ADR / Agency for Dispute Resolution, Los Angeles, California
- Brooke A. Beyer, Jr., Senior Assistant General Counsel – Sponsorship & Licensing, NASCAR, Inc., Charlotte, North Carolina.
- John S. Black, General Counsel, National Federation of State High School Associations, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Eryn M. Doherty (L’00), Vice President for Labor Relations, NBC Universal, Los Angeles, California
- Janis K. Doleschal, Sports Law Consultant, Start Playing Safe, and former Commissioner of Sports and Athletics, Milwaukee Public Schools, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Shawn M. Eichorst (L’95), Executive Senior Associate Athletics Director, Internal Affairs, University of Texas, Austin, Texas
- Jeff Gewirtz, Executive Vice President of Business Affairs & Chief Legal and Administrative Officer, Brooklyn Nets & Barclays Center, Brooklyn, New York
- Martin J. Greenberg (L’71), Attorney, Law Office of Martin J. Greenberg, LLC, and Adjunct Professor of Law, Milwaukee, Wisconsin (twitter)
- Greg Heller (L’96), Executive Vice President and Chief Legal Officer, Atlanta Braves, Atlanta, Georgia
- Charles Henderson, Attorney-at-Law, Davis & Kuelthau, S.C., Secretary and General Counsel of the Bradley Center Sports and Entertainment Corporation, and Chairman of the Board, Pettit National Ice Center, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Philip R. Hochberg, Principal, Law Offices of Phillip R. Hochberg, Potomac, Maryland
- Gary L. Johansen, Associate General Counsel, United States Olympic Committee, Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Robert H. Lattinville, Professional Football and Collegiate Advisor, Social Media Sports Management, of counsel, Spencer Fane, St. Louis, Missouri
- Christian Lavers, Executive Vice President, C2SA (part of CSM North America), Whitefish Bay, Wisconsin
- Nona M. Lee, Senior Vice President and Chief Legal Officer, Arizona Diamondbacks, Phoenix, Arizona.
- Robert E. Leib, JD, LL.M, CPA, CGMA, Managing Member, Leib Advisors, LLC, Mequon, Wisconsin
- Michael Lenard, Vice President, International Council of Arbitration for Sport, Lausanne, Switzerland; former Vice President, United States Olympic Committee; former member of the Board, Atlanta Committee for the Olympic Games, former Vice Chair and member of the USOC's Athletes’ Advisory Council; 1984 Olympian
- Danez M. Lockhart (L’03), Orlando Magic, Orlando, Florida
- Despina Mavromati, Sports Lawyer & Academic (SportLegis / FCIArb / Université de Lausanne), Lausanne, Switzerland.
- Jim McKeown, Partner and Member, Sports Industry Team and Antitrust Practice Group, Foley & Lardner LLP, and Adjunct Professor of Law, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- A. J. (Jack) Mills, Jr., President, Ascent Sports & Entertainment, Boulder, Colorado
- Kristin Muenzen (L’03), University Counsel, Office of the General Counsel, Princeton University, Princeton, New Jersey.
- Charles Mulcahy (L’62), President, Milwaukee Tennis Classic, Inc., Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Maidie Oliveau, Counsel, Arent Fox LLP, Los Angeles, California
- Alan J. Ostfield, President, North Atlantic | New York & Philadelphia, Live Nation, New York, New York
- Jill Pilgrim, Pilgrim & Associates Law Office, New York, New York
- Craig Pintens, Athletic Director, Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, CA (L'01)
- Ed Policy, Vice President and General Counsel, Green Bay Packers, Green Bay, Wisconsin
- Donald M. Remy, Executive Vice President of Law, Policy & Governance, and Chief Legal Officer, National Collegiate Athletic Association, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Richard Reider, President, RaR Consulting, LLC, and Adjunct Professor of Law, Mequon, Wisconsin
- John Ruger, Mediator, Court of Arbitration for Sport, Boulder, Colorado
- Megan Ryther (L’07), Associate Attorney and Member, Business and Collegiate Practice Groups, Ice Miller, Indianapolis, Indiana, and member, Board of Directors, United States Center for Safe Sport.
- Rick Schlesinger, Chief Operating Officer, Milwaukee Brewers Baseball Club, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Bill Scholl, Vice President and Director of Intercollegiate Athletics, Marquette University, Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- Kevin Schulz, Partner and Co-chair, Sports Industry Team, Foley & Lardner LLP, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Allan (Bud) Selig, Commissioner Emeritus, Major League Baseball, and Distinguished Lecturer in Sports Law and Policy, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Brent Showalter (L’07), Partner and Member, Business and Collegiate Practice Groups, Ice Miller LLP, Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Mike Sneathern (L’02), Senior Director, Legal Affairs, Milwaukee Bucks, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Debbie Spander, Senior Vice President Broadcasting & Coaching, Wasserman Media Group, Los Angeles, California (twitter)
- Nyea Sturman (L’03), General Counsel, Orlando Magic, Orlando, Florida
- Joseph E. Tierney, III (L’66), Shareholder, Meissner Tierney Fisher & Nichols S.C., and Adjunct Professor of Law, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- James Sullivan (L’01), President, Poker Royalty, LLC, Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Anne Wall, Director, Wall Family Enterprise, Former Brand Protection Advisor to the International Paralympic Committee and International Olympic Committee; Board of Directors, Pettit National Ice Center, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
- Gary D. Way, Vice President & Global Counsel, Sports Marketing, NIKE Inc., Beaverton, Oregon
- Jason Wied (L’99), Jason Wied Consulting, LLC, Green Bay, Wisconsin
- Marti Wronski, Vice President & General Counsel, Milwaukee Brewers Baseball Club, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
ACADEMIC COMMUNITY REPRESENTATIVES
Marquette University Law School
- Vada Lindsey, Associate Dean for Enrollment and Associate Professor of Law, Marquette University Law School, Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- Chad Oldfather, Associate Dean for Academic Affairs and Professor of Law, Marquette University Law School, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Phoebe Williams, Emeritus Associate Professor of Law
Other Academic Institutions
- Andrew Brandt, Executive Director, Moorad Center, Villanova University, Villanova, Pennsylvania (Twitter)
- Timothy Davis, Professor of Law, School of Law, Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- N. Jeremi Duru, Professor of Law, American University, Washington College of Law, Washington, D.C.
- James Gray (L’90), Sport & Recreation Management Program Director, Marian University, Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
- Daniel C. McDonald, S.J., Provincial Assistant for Higher Education, USA Midwest Jesuit Province, Chicago, Illinois
- Richard McLaren, Professor of Law, Western University, London, Ontario, Canada, Counsel to McKenzie Lake Lawyers LLP, and Member, Court of Arbitration for Sport, Lausanne, Switzerland
- Bill Miller (L’96), Associate Professor of Sport Management, UW - Parkside, Kenosha, Wisconsin
- Hayden Opie, Senior Fellow, Melbourne Law School, The University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Kristi Schoepfer (L’01), Associate Professor, Winthrop University, Rock Hill, South Carolina
- Maureen Arellano Weston, Professor of Law, Pepperdine University, School of Law, Malibu, California