Sports Facility Economic Reports, Reviews and Studies since 2000
- Clifton B. Parker, Sports Stadiums Do Not Generate Significant Local Economic Growth, Stanford Expert Says, Stan. Rep. (July 30, 2015), https://news.stanford.edu/2015/07/30/stadium-economics-noll-073015/.
- Elaine S. Povich, Is Obama Proposal the End of Taxpayer-Subsidized Sports Stadiums?, Stateline (March 16, 2015), http://www.pewtrusts.org/en/research-and-analysis/blogs/stateline/2015/3/16/is-obama-proposal-the-end-of-taxpayer-subsidized-sports-stadiums.
- Roger I. Abrams, Hardball in City Hall: Public Financing of Sport Stadiums, 3 Pace Intell. Prop., Sports & Ent. L.F. 164 (2013).
- Andrew Zimbalist, Commentary, Sports Facilities and Economic Development, Gov't Fin. Rev. 94 (2013).
- Pat Garofalo & Travis Waldron, If You Build It, They Might Not Come: The Risky Economics of Sport Stadiums, Atlantic (Sept. 7, 2012), https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2012/09/if-you-build-it-they-might-not-come-the-risky-economics-of-sports-stadiums/260900/.
- Aaron Kuriloff & Darrell Preston, In Stadium Building Spree, U.S. Taxpayers Lose $4 Billion, BNA (Sept. 4, 2012), https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2012-09-05/in-stadium-building-spree-u-s-taxpayers-lose-4-billion.
- Irwin A. Kishner & David R. Hoffman, Field of Dreams – The Benefit of Public and Private Cooperation in Financing Professional Sports Stadiums, 28 Ent. & Sports Law. 20 (2010).
- David Gee, The Business of Baseball: With the Dawn of the Target Field Era and the Vikings' Stadium Debate Raging, What Benefits--Both Economic and Experiential--Do Professional Sports Really Bring to Minnesota., Minn. Bus., Apr. 2010, at 24.
- John Siegfried & Andrew Zimbalist, The Economics of Sports Facilities & Their Communities, 14 J. Econ. Persp. 95 (2009).
- Gerald Carlino & N. Edward Coulsen, Should Cities Be Ready for Some Football? Assessing the Social Benefits of Hosting an NFL Team, Bus. Rev. (2004).
- Dennis Coates & Brad R. Humphreys, Caught Stealing Debunking the Economic Case for D.C. Baseball., Cato Ins. (2004).
- Dennis Coates & Brad R. Humphreys, The Stadium Gambit and Local Economic Development, 23 Econ. Dev. Pol'y 15 (2002).
- Adam Zaretsky, Should Cities Pay for Sports Facilities?, Regional Econ. (Apr. 2002) https://www.stlouisfed.org/Publications/Regional-Economist/April-2001/Should-Cities-Pay-for-Sports-Facilities.
- Allen R. Sanderson, In Defense of New Sports Stadiums, Ballparks and Arenas, 10 Marq. L. Rev. 173 (2002).
- Christine Cooper et al., The NFL Los Angeles Stadium in Carson: An Economic Impact Analysis (2015).
- Conventions, Sports & Leisure Int'l, Cost-Benefit Analysis of the Soccer Stadium Development Act of 2014 (2014).
- Aaron Cadle, Legislative Reference Bureau, Review of Economic Impact of Selected Professional Sport Venues and Downtown Revitalization Efforts in Oklahoma City (Ted Medhin & Richard Pfaff, eds., 2013).
- Joseph L. Bast, How to Stop Sports Stadium Madness: Is Fan Ownership the Answer? (2012).
- Gruen Gruen + Assocs., The Economics & Fiscal Impacts of a New A's Stadium in Oakland at Alternative Locations, (2010).
- Younger Assocs., Economic Impact Analysis of the Memphis Grizzlies and the FedEx Forum on Memphis/Shelby County (2010).
- RSM McGladrey, Analysis of the Estimated Historical Tax Revenue Benefit to State, County and Local Governmental Agencies from Activities Associated with Major Professional Sports Facilities in Minnesota (2009).
- Conventions, Sports & Leisure Int'l, Economic and Jobs Impact Report of Metrodome Next Multipurpose Facility (2009).
- Jeffrey M. Humphreys, The Economic Impact of the Georgia World Congress Center and the Georgia Dome on Georgia's Economy in FY 2008 (2008).
- Sarah Wilhelm, Public Funding of Sports Stadiums (2008).
- KPMG, LLC., Market and Financial Analysis for a Proposed New Arena in Downtown Baltimore (2007).
- Katherine Schill et al., Minn. H. Fiscal Analysis Dep't, Sports Stadium Funding: A Summary of Actions by the 2006 Legislature (2006).
- Econ. Research Assocs., Market and Financial Feasibility Study and Economic Impact Analysis for Proposed Baseball Stadium (2005).
- Econ. Research Assocs., Economic and Fiscal Impacts for the Proposed NFL Stadium in Arlington, Texas (2004).
- Robert Baade, Los Angeles Controllers Report on Economic Impact: Staples Center (2003).
- Ed Lazere, Would a Publicly Financed Baseball Stadium Pay Off for DC? Economic Research Suggests the Answer Is "No" (2003).
- Tim Chapin, Identifying the Real Costs and Benefits of Sports (2002).
- Stadium Task Force, Final Report of the Minnesota Stadiums Task Force (Minn. 2002).
- Ryan Scott Ong, The Public Official's Guide to Assessing a Sports Complex Proposal (2013) (unpublished M.P.P.A. thesis, California State University).
- Professional Sports Stadiums: Do They Divert Public Funds from Critical Public Infrastructure?Before the Subcomm. on Domestic Policy of the H. Comm. on Oversight and Gov't Reform, 110th Cong. (2009).
- SBRnet Venue Development Guide, SBRnet, http://0-www.sbrnet.com.libus.csd.mu.edu/Sports-Venues/Development-Guide.aspx (last visited July 2016).
- Resources on Minnesota Issues - Football Stadiums and the Minnesota Vikings, Minn. Legis. Reference Libr., https://www.leg.state.mn.us/lrl/guides/guides?issue=football (last updated Sept. 2015).