Sports Facility Reports, Volume 11 (Summer 2010)
Volume 11 (Summer 2010)
Green Facility Information
Perhaps no area of law has the potential to impact sports facilities in the next few years more than green facility law.
This information is provided by Professor Bill Miller, Assistant Professor, Health, Exercise Science & Sport Management, University of Wisconsin - Parkside, Kenosha, Wisconsin. Professor Miller is a member of the National Sports Law Institute's Sports Law Alumni Association and liaison to its Board of Advisors. In 2009, Miller developed a course focusing solely on green facility development, finance and marketing issues for sports organizations. The course, "Sustainable Sports Management," is believed to be one of the first (if not the first) of its kind in the country.
- The Greening of Professional Sports: Developing Professional Responsibility and Ethical Challenges for Sports Attorneys. Presentation during the Ethical Issues in Sports and Entertainment Law Seminar held at Marquette University Law School on Friday, April 16, 2010.
- Developing Green Regulation and the Potential Impact on the Sports Industry. Presentation during the Increasing Regulation of Sports in a Declining Economyconference held at the Marquette University Alumni Memorial Union on Friday, October 22, 2010.
- The following Green Facility Resource List provides links to various information about green facilities and green facility law found online.
Major League Stadium/Arena Referendum Information
The following chart provides a report on Major League Sport Stadium/Arena Referendums since 2001. This chart updates prior research provided in Appendix 2 to Sports Facility Reports, Volume 2, Number 2, which reported on referendum's from 1990-2001.
The following reports were compiled from information found on team and league websites, news sources available on LEXIS/NEXIS, Westlaw, general webbased metasearches, and other general research. Each report is intended to provide information on facility and team financing for teams within the various sports and leagues covered.
- Major League Baseball (appendix 1)
- National Basketball Association (appendix 2)
- National Football League (appendix 3)
- National Hockey League (appendix 4)
- Soccer (appendix 5)
- Motorsports (appendix 6)
- Professor Matthew J. Mitten, NSLI Director
- Professor Paul M. Anderson, Editor & Designer, NSLI Associate Director
- Contributors to Volume 11: NSLI Research Assistants Carolina Dutriz (L'12), Ashley Fale (L'11), Jeremy Goff (L'11), Todd LaForest (L'11), Ben Leibovitz (L'12), Bryce Pressentin (L'12), and Peter Prigge (L'12).
© Copyright 2010, National Sports Law Institute of Marquette University Law School