On Tuesday, August 31st, all first year and transfer students with an interest in the Sports Law Program are invited to attend the Sports Law Program's Annual Orientation and Welcome Meeting. During this event Professor Paul Anderson (Director, Sports Law Program and National Sports Law Institute), and Professor Mitten (Executive Director, National Sports Law Institute) will provide an overview of the Sports Law Program including
- The purpose of the Sports Law Program and your first year in law school,
- The Sports Law Certificate program and the process of earning the Certificate,
- Early planning for the Sports Law Internship Program,
- The National Sports Law Institute of Marquette University Law School,
- Fall 2021 Sports Law Events, and
- The JD/MBA in Sports Business program
In addition, to Professor's Anderson and Mitten, the leaders of the Sports Law Program's student organizations including the Sports Law Society, Diversity Inclusion Committee, Peer-to-Peer Network, Alumni Outreach Committee, Sports Law Competition Board, Marquette Sports Law Review and Class of 2023 Outreach Committee , will be on hand to welcome new students to the Sports Law Program, along with alums Meg Pirics, from the class of 2016, Legal Associate with the National League Central Division Leading Milwaukee Brewers, and Jill Ingels, class of 2017, Associate General Counsel of the 2021 NBA Champion Milwaukee Bucks.
The orientation program will begin at 5 pm in the Lubar Center (room 144), with the welcome mixer to follow outside in the Tory Hill Cafe picnic area until 7 pm.