Sports Facility Reports, Volume 10 (Summer 2009)
Volume 10 (2009)
In commeroration of the 20th anniversary of the establishment of the National Sports Law Institute of Marquette University Law School, and the 10th anniversary of the creation of the Sports Facility Reports, this report provides insight into costs and development within the sports facility industry over the past 20 years.
This presentation was originally presented by Professor Paul Anderson, NSLI Associate Director, on Thursday, October 8, 2009, during Professor Martin Greenberg's Sports Venues: From Election Day to Game Day course. The presentation uses the development of Miller Park for the Milwaukee Brewers, and the renovation of Lambeau Field for the Green Bay Packes, to discuss the current economic and legal issues involved with sports facilities and their lease agreements.
The following reports were compiled from information found on team and league websites, news sources available on LEXIS/NEXIS, Westlaw, and general webbased metasearches, and other general research. Each report is intended to provide information on facility and team financing for teams within the various sports and leagues covered.
- Major League Baseball (appendix 1)
- National Basketball Association (appendix 2)
- National Football League (appendix 3)
- National Hockey League (appendix 4)
- Soccer (appendix 5)
- Motorsports (appendix 6)
- Professor Matthew J. Mitten, NSLI Director
- Professor Paul M. Anderson, Editor & Designer, NSLI Associate Director
- Contributors to Volume 9: NSLI Research Assistants Ben Cohen (L'10), Ashley Fale (L'11), Lance Kearns (L'10), Nick Rieder (L'10), and Kaitlyn Wild (L'10).