Sports Facility Reports, Volume 13 (Summer 2012)
ARTICLES, PRESENTATIONS AND REPORTS
- SPORTS.COMM: IT TAKES A VILLAGE TO BUILD A SPORTS FACILITY, by Professor Martin J. Greenberg, managing member, Law Office of Martin J. Greenberg, LLC; member, Southeast Wisconsin Professional Baseball Park District; Adjunct Professor of Law, Marquette University Law School; and member, National Sports Law Institute’s Board of Advisors. This presentation originally given during the Current Issues in Sports Law seminar hosted by the NSLI's Sports Law Alumni Association, June 22, 2012.
- Martin J. Greenberg, Sports.Comm: It Takes a Village to Build a Sports Facility, 22 Marquette Sports Law Review 1 (2011)
- TEN YEARS LATER: MILLER PARK AND REAL ESTATE DEVELOPMENT IN THE VILLAGE OF WEST MILWAUKEE AND THE MENOMONEE VALLEY, A Report for the Southeast Wisconsin Professional Baseball Park District, As Prepared By: Martin J. Greenberg, Board Member, Southeast Wisconsin Professional Baseball Park District.
- Four Decades of Facility Naming Rights: What Have We Learned and Where Are We Going?, by Professor W.S. Miller, Chair, Health, Exercise Science and Sport Management Department, University of Wisconsin-Parkside, and member, NSLI Board of Advisors.This presentation was originally given during the Current Issues in Sports Law seminar hosted by the NSLI's Sports Law Alumni Association, June 22, 2012.
The Development of a Professional Sports Facility: A Lawyer’s Perspective, by Professor Paul Anderson, Associate Director, National Sports Law Institute of Marquette University Law School. This presentation was originally given during the Seminar in Economics: Sports Economics course in Marquette's College of Business Administration, Summer 2012.
Economic Impact Report: Nashville Predators, February 2012. Report prepared by Leib Advisors, LLC, under the leadership of Robert Leib, Owner, and member NSLI Board of Advisors.
As a service to our readers during 2012 the NSLI has compiled summaries of selected professional sports facility lease summaries. Summaries for MLB and NFL agreements can be found here. We anticipate adding more summaries to this website in future issues of Sports Facility Reports.
The following reports were compiled from information found on team and league websites, news sources available on LEXIS/NEXIS, Westlaw, general webbased metasearches, and other general research. Each report is intended to provide information on facility and team financing for teams within the various sports and leagues covered.
- Major League Baseball (appendix 1)
- National Basketball Association (appendix 2)
- National Football League (appendix 3)
- National Hockey League (appendix 4)
- Soccer (appendix 5)
- Motorsports (appendix 6)
- College Facilities (appendix 7)
- Green Sports Facility Links (appendix 8)
- Professor Matthew J. Mitten, NSLI Director
- Professor Paul M. Anderson, Editor & Designer, NSLI Associate Director
- Contributors to Volume 13: Stephanie Horner (L'14), Cassandra Jones (L'12), Christopher Kaminski (L'13), Kayleigh Mayer (L'13), Megan Ostling (L'13), Jessica Pfau (L'13), Jeffrey Roeske (L'14), contributing authors.
© Copyright 2012, National Sports Law Institute of Marquette University Law School