LAW SCHOOL MERIT SCHOLARSHIPS
APPLYING FOR FINANCIAL AID
Other Financial Aid Resources--
Marquette University Financial Aid Resources
- Law School Tuition and Student Budget
- Applying for Student Loans
- Merit Scholarship Information
- The Howard and Phyllis Eisenberg Fund: Loan Repayment Assistance Program
- Grad Plus and Other Loan Programs
- Private Alternate Loan Options
- Yellow Ribbon GI Education Program
Student Loan and Debt Relief Resources
- AccessLex Institute
- Equal Justice Works: Educational Debt Relief
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Federal Student Aid: Resources
- US Department of Education
Military & Veterans' Benefits
Outside Scholarship Resources
- AccessLex Law School Scholarship Databank
- Marshall-Motley Scholars Program -- Deadline: Feb. 6, 2023
- One Lawyer Can Change the World Scholarship
- The GP LSAT Prep Scholarships
- Institute for Humane Studies Fellowship
- Jewish Federation Academic Scholarship Program
- ABA Legal Opportunity Scholarship Fund
- Hispanic National Bar Association Scholarships
- Lloyd M. Johnson Jr. Scholarship Program
- Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund (MALDEF)
- NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund, Inc.
- The National Asian Pacific American Bar Association Scholarships
- The Sidney B. Williams, Jr. Scholarships
- Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles
- Council on Legal Education Opportunity
- George H. Nofer Scholarship for Law & Public Policy
All Financial Aid Notifications (FANs) are sent electronically. When an admitted student’s FAN can be accessed online, they will receive notification via their Marquette University eMarq email account. We recommend that admitted students check their eMarq accounts regularly (or alternatively, that one forward one’s eMarq mail to one’s primary email account). Initial offers and any subsequent changes will be available on one’s CheckMarq account.
Once logged in to one’s CheckMarq account, follow these easy steps to view and accept one’s offer:
- Click/tap the Financial Aid tile in CheckMarq Student Home
- Click/tap the Accept/Decline Aid heading
- Click/tap the Accept/Decline Aid link.
- Accept any loan assistance that one wishes to borrow
- Read all notifications for additional guidance and information regarding any other required documents
- Click Offer Notification to print a copy of the FAN, if one wishes to retain a copy for one’s records
Other steps which may be necessary:
- If needed, apply for Grad PLUS or Private Alternative Loan.
- Complete Direct Loan Entrance Counseling.
- Complete Direct Loan Master Promissory Note.
- Set up Direct Deposit for loan refunds.
Questions or concerns?
Marquette Central is your primary resource for student enrollment and financial services, including the Office of Student Financial Aid, the Office of the Bursar and the Office of the Registrar. Please take a moment to learn about more about these services.
If you have remaining questions please contact Marquette Central directly at (414) 288-4000. To ensure privacy, an admitted student will be required to provide their Marquette ID and their Marquette Central Access Number (MCAN).