Sports Facility Reports, Volume 14 (Summer 2013)
ARTICLES, PRESENTATIONS AND REPORTS
- A Comparison of Team Values in Professional Sports (2003-2012). This report supplements similar reports produced in Volume 8 (REPORT: A Comparison of Team Values in Professional Team Sports - 2 Year Update) and Volume 6 (A Comparison of Team Values in Professional Team Sports)
A New Milwaukee Sports and Entertainment Arena? Divining the Benefits and Dividing the Costs. This one day conference was a project of Marquette Law School and the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, supported by the Law School’s Lubar Fund for Public Policy Research. The discussion at the conference focused on the three key questions in this debate; (1) Should a new sports and entertainment facility be built in Milwaukee?, (2) If so, who should pay for it?, and (3) Should a new arena be part of a larger plan that addresses other community or regional interests? The conference also examinedthe economic and psychological impact of sports arenas on cities, how other communities have financed similar facilities, and the public and political appetite for a new arena.
Review of Economic Impact of Selected Professional Sports Venues and Downtown Revitalization Efforts in Oklahoma City, Report by the Legislative Reference Bureau (April, 2013).
Recommended reading: The U.S. Professional Sports Market & Franchise Value Report 2012. Fourth Annual edition of the W.R. Hambrecht & Co. report.
- Major League Baseball (completed summer 2012)
- National Basketball Association (completed summer 2013)
- National Football League (completed summer 2012)
- National Hockey League (completed summer 2013)
The following reports were compiled from information found on team and league websites, news sources available on LEXIS, Westlaw, general webbased metasearches, and other general research. Each report is intended to provide information on facility and team financing for teams within the various sports and leagues covered.
- Major League Baseball (appendix 1)
- National Basketball Association (appendix 2)
- National Football League (appendix 3)
- National Hockey League (appendix 4)
- Soccer (appendix 5)
- Motorsports (appendix 6)
- College Facilities (appendix 7)
- Green Sports Facility Links (appendix 8)
- Professor Matthew J. Mitten, NSLI Director
- Professor Paul M. Anderson, Editor & Designer, NSLI Associate Director
- Contributors to Volume 14: Christian Bray (L'14), Christopher Kaminski (L'13), Megan Ostling (L'13), Lauren Rosenbaum (L'15), Jeffrey Roeske (L'14), Nick Schaffran (L'14), Kevin Teal (L'14), and Cole Zwicker (L'14), contributing authors.
© Copyright 2013, National Sports Law Institute of Marquette University Law School