Sports Law Program, student organizations
Jacob Fricke & Francesca Voci, the winners of the inaugural NYU Soccer Dispute Competition
The Sports Law Program is led by students in several vibrant student organizations linked below.
- Sports Law Program Peer-to-Peer Network
- Created in 2020, the Sports Law Program Peer-to-Peer Network is a network of 2L and 3L students who help to familiarize and engage incoming 1L students with the Sports Law Program and helps guide them through their first year as part of the law school and Sports Law Program.
- Coordinator - Joe Infusino
- Peer Leaders
- Sports Law Society
- Marquette's Sports Law Society acts as the student arm of the Marquette University Law School Sports Law Program. Society members assist the Sports Law Program and the National Sports Law Institute in preparing conferences, seminars, workshops, career panels and other events, in addition to hosting various social events for Society members
- President - Alexandra Lear
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee
- The Sports Law Program's Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee seeks to foster an inclusive and welcoming space for purposeful discussion and education. Our goal is to provide our students that identify as People of Color (POC) and LGBTQ+ students with equitable networking opportunities, and a space for community. The Committee seeks to facilitate open and honest dialogue in an empathetic learning environment. As members of the Sports Law community, we believe it is our responsibility to promote the importance of diversity, equity and inclusion in sports and society
- Co-Chairs - Anisha Amin & Cayla McNeil
- Sports Law Program Student Alumni Outreach Committee
- Sports Law Program 2L (Class of 2023) Student Outreach Committee
- The first year student (1L) Sports Law Program Student Outreach Committee was created in 2021 to act as a network for 1L students interested in the Program to meet their peers, and began to get involved in the Sports Law Program. The Committee is now focused on the class of 2023 as this class continues through law school.
- Coordinators: Alexandra Lear and Peyton Phillips.
- Sports Law Program 1L (Class of 2024) Student Outreach Committee
- Marquette Sports Law Review
- The Marquette Sports Law Review (formerly the Marquette Sports Law Journal) is the foremost national bi-annual scholarly review addressing issues in sports law. The student-edited Review seeks to publish articles written by professionals in the field, as well as student written comments, regarding national and international issues affecting the current state of sports law
- Editor-in-Chief - Quinn Stigers
- Editorial Board
- Sports Law Competition Board and Teams
- The Sports Law Competition Board coordinates Sports Law Certificate Program student participation in internal and external sports law competitions. Internally the Board develops and manages the Collegiate Athletics Negotiation Competition each fall, and the Professional Sports Negotiation Competition each spring. The Board also nominates students to participate in all outside sports law competitions, and members serve as liaisons to and supervise each national team
- Chair - Michelle Svilpe