There are always great students that do not receive the direct admit offer, students who discover the Pre-Law Scholars Program once they are at Marquette, and students who transfer from another college or university. These students can apply and be admitted to the program as space permits.
Qualifications to become a Pre-Law Scholar:
- Have completed at least one semester (at least 12 credits) of coursework at Marquette University prior to application to the Pre-Law Scholars Program.
- Have an overall current cumulative GPA of 3.450 grade point average or greater. This encompasses all college coursework whether taken at Marquette University or another institution. All transfer coursework from other institution(s) whether summer sessions, concurrent coursework, or college credit obtained via a dual enrollment program while in high school is included in this calculation. Specific questions regarding this standard should be directed to the Law School Office of Admissions.
- Be on track to complete undergraduate degree requirements, such that no greater than 29 total elective credits remain to complete the undergraduate degree upon law school entry in the fourth year. Students must complete the Marquette Core Curriculum (MCC), undergraduate college curriculum, and all major requirements prior to matriculation in the Law School. Students must work with their academic and pre-law advisers toward assuring fulfillment of their undergraduate coursework and graduation requirements.
Application procedure for currently enrolled Marquette University undergraduates:
· Admission to the Pre-Law Scholars Program is offered on a rolling basis (i.e. first come, first evaluated). Candidates may apply year round.
· Meet with your academic adviser to determine whether you meet the qualifications for admission. (Note: you must have at least one semester of coursework completed to establish your MU cumulative GPA.)
· Once you determine you meet the qualifications, you may complete the Pre-Law Scholar Application. Your academic advisor must converse with Stephanie Nikolay prior to the review of your application by the Admissions Committee.
Find further information posted at: https://law.marquette.edu/assets/prospective-students/pdf/pre_law_faq.pdf.