MARQUETTE UNIVERSITY LAW SCHOOL
New Student Orientation 2015
Orientation Welcome Information Packet and Preliminary Orientation Schedules
All entering Marquette University Law School students are required to participate in the Orientation program. The Law School emailed an Orientation packet to entering, first-year students in late June with links to a variety of documents and important information. Please click the links below to review the materials sent.
- How to Obtain your MarquetteCard
- University Parking Information
- University Financial Responsibility Agreement (submit by July 31)
- Health and Wellness Services and Health Insurance
- Law School Technology and Communication
Orientation for Full-Time and Part-Time First-Year Students (updated 8/17/15)
- Thursday, August 20 from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Friday, August 21 from 8:45 a.m. to 2:15 p.m.
Academic Information Packet
In early August, the Law School emailed academic information to all entering, first-year law students. That information included the academic calendar, fall exam schedule, and details on how to obtain required textbooks and first-day assignments, as well as confirmation that entering students will have read the Law School’s 2015-2016 Academic Regulations. Links to the same information are below.
Two of the links below are located on “secure” pages of the Law School website; you must already be logged in to the website before clicking on those links. Beginning August 1, entering students can log in to the website with the same username and password that is used to access CheckMarq and eMarq accounts. The sign in box is located in the upper right-hand corner of this page.
- Academic Regulations Memorandum from Dean Parlow
- Academic Regulations Student Agreement Form (submit by August 19)
- Fall 2015 Class Schedule (login is required)
- Fall 2015 Exam Schedule (login is required)
- 2015-2016 Academic Calendar
- Textbook and first-day reading assignments information
- Book Marq location, hours, and ordering instructions
Orientation Reading Assignments for First-Year Students
The orientation reading assignments to be completed by all entering, first-year students before Thursday, August 20, are linked below. Links to these readings will be sent to the Marquette email accounts of all entering, first-year students during the week of August 3.
Into the Classroom: Session I: Uston v. Resorts International Hotel, Inc.
Orientation for Transfer and Visiting Students (updated 8/17/15)
- Friday, August 21 from 9:15 a.m. to 2:15 p.m.
Optional Social Event and Student Organization Fair for All Entering Students
- Wednesday, August 19, 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- The event is optional, but students are encouraged to attend and may bring a friend or family member.
- Please RSVP for this event.
Dean’s Welcome Reception
- Friday, August 21, 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- All new students should reserve the evening of Friday, August 21, for the Dean’s reception. The Law School will email an invitation to all entering students later this summer.
Fall semester classes begin the week of August 24.
Please contact Dean Rogan-Mehta with any questions about Orientation.