Sports Facility Reports, Volume 15 (2014)
ECONOMIC IMPACT OF SPORTS FACILITES RESEARCH
- AECOM Technical Services, Inc., Economic Impact Study of the Green Bay Packers and the Redeveloped Lambeau Field (2010).
- Bret J. Mayborne, Metropolitan Milwaukee Association of Commerce, Economic Impact of the Bradley Center (2012).
- Martin J. Greenberg, Ten Years Later: Miller Park and Real Estate Development in the Village of West Milwaukee and the Menomonee Valley (2012).
- Vanessa Allen & Rob Henken, Public Policy Forum: Pulling Back the Curtain Assessing the needs of major arts, cultural, recreational, and entertainment assets in Milwaukee County (2013)
- Anne Chapman et al., Public Policy Forum, The Show Must Go On? Exploring Dedicated Funding Possibilities for Milwaukee’s Cultural and Entertainment Assets (2014).
- Rob Henken, et al., Public Policy Forum, The Show Must Go On? Exploring Dedicated Funding Possibilities for Milwaukee’s Cultural and Entertainment Assets (2014).
- Legislative Reference Bureau, Review of Economic Impact of Selected Professional Sports Venues and Downtown Revitalization Efforts in Oklahoma City (2013).
- Economic Impact of Sports Stadiums, Teams, Events from Charles A. Santo & Gerard C.S. Mildner, Sport and Public Policy (Human Kinetics2010).
- Garrett Johnson, The Economic Impact of New Stadiums and Arenas on Cities, 2011 Den. U. Sports & Ent. L.J. 1 (2011).
- Martin J. Greenberg & Dennis Hughes, Jr., Sports.comm: It Takes a Village to Build a Sports Facility, 22 Marq. Sports L. Rev. 91 (2011).
- Nola Agha, The Economic Impact of Stadia and Teams: The Case of Minor League Baseball, 14 J. Sports Econ. 227 (2011).
- Xia Feng & Brad Humphreys, The Impact of Professional Sports Facilities on Housing Values: Evidence from Census Block Group Data, 3 City, Culture and Soc’y 189 (2012).
Major League Stadium/Arena Referendum Information
This chart provides a report on Major League Sport Stadium/Arena Referendums since 2010. This chart updates prior research provided in Volume 11, reporting from 2001-2010, and Appendix 2 to Sports Facility Reports, Volume 2, Number 2, reporting referendum's from 1990-2001.
- Major League Baseball (completed summer 2012)
- National Basketball Association (completed summer 2013)
- National Football League (completed summer 2012)
- National Hockey League (completed summer 2013)
The following reports were compiled from information found on team and league websites, news sources available on LEXIS, Westlaw, general webbased metasearches, and other general research. Each report is intended to provide information on facility and team financing for teams within the various sports and leagues covered.
- Major League Baseball (appendix 1)
- National Basketball Association (appendix 2)
- National Football League (appendix 3)
- National Hockey League (appendix 4)
- Soccer (appendix 5)
- Motorsports (appendix 6)
- College Facilities (appendix 7)
- Green Sports Facility Links (appendix 8)
- Professor Matthew J. Mitten, NSLI Director
- Professor Paul M. Anderson, Editor & Designer, NSLI Associate Director
- Contributors to Volume 15: Julia Bradley (L'15), Tyler Coppage (L'15), Adam DeJulio (L'15), Tim McPeters (L'15), Jared Nusbaum (L'15), Ben Walker (L'16), and Taylor Wilson (L'15) contributing authors.
© Copyright 2014, National Sports Law Institute of Marquette University Law School