Survivor of clergy abuse to coordinate archdiocese's outreach efforts., thecatholicspirit.com, 05 Aug. 2019.
Impact Center / Law Review Symposium: Restorative Criminal Justice, nyls.edu, 12 Apr. 2019.
"Where Do We Go from Here? Restorative Justice a Path to Healing." TheCatholicSpirit.com, 4 Apr. 2019.
“County Attorney Joins Parishioners for Listening Session on Abuse Crisis.” Crux, 24 Mar. 2019.
“Restorative Justice and Healing.” University of St. Thomas, 25 Feb. 2019.
“Can Restorative Justice Help the Church Heal from Sex Abuse Scandals?” America Magazine, 14 Dec. 2018.
“Gathering the 'Lost Sheep'.” TheCatholicSpirit.com, 25 Apr. 2018.
“Restorative Justice Seen as a Critical Piece of Criminal Justice Reform.” Angelus News, 25 Apr. 2018.
Janine Geske has a chapter in this newly released book:
Redemption & Restoration: A Catholic Perspective on Restorative Justice.
Geske, Janine P. “Restorative Justice and Clergy Abuse.” Marquette University Law School Faculty Blog.
Geske, Janine P. “Restorative Justice and the Language of Hope.” Marquette University Law School Faculty Blog.
“'Uncommon Conversation' on Sex Abuse Falls Silent.” National Catholic Reporter, 18 July 2017.
From Condemnation to Conversion: Seeking restorative justice in the prison system. 09 Dec 2012.
2009 Director’s Community Leadership Awards Milwaukee, WI. (2010, May 21)
Article written by Janine Geske and India McCanse:
Neighborhoods Healed Through Restorative Justice
UNIVERSITY PLACE: Violence, Restorative Justice and Human Rights [Video, PBS.org] (Sept 10, 2010)
Janine Geske, a Distinguished Professor of Law at Marquette University, and Scott Straus, associate professor of political science at UW-Madison, consider the role of restorative justice in the U.S., emphasizing reparation to victims and community members, and justice after atrocity in Africa.
Faculty Blog Posts
- Restorative Justice and Clergy Abuse (Feb. 2018)
- Restorative Justice and the Language of Hope (Feb. 2018)
- An Eye-Opening Visit to Iran (Jul. 2016)
- When in Rome (Teach Restorative Justice) (Jul. 2016)
- Restorative Justice and Mediation in Ireland (Nov. 2012)
- Restorative Justice Conference to focus on Restoring Faith in Government through Civil Discourse (May 2012)
- Victim/Offender Mediation in Turkey (Apr. 2012)
- Turkish Delegation comes to Marquette Law School (Mar. 2012)
- Restorative Justice Skyping from Milwaukee to Austin (Feb. 2012)
- Reflections from a Semester Abroad (Nov. 2011)
Mark Umbreit teaches a Restorative Justice course each fall at Marquette Law School: Peacemaking and Spirituality.