Sports Facility Reports, Volume 17 (2016)
RESEARCH AND REPORTS
- 2016 Sports Facility Reference List.
- Fourteen years ago (Volume 3, Number 2, the Fall 2002 issue) the National Sports Law Institute published a Sports Facility Reference List including citations to articles, reports, books and other documents related to sports facilities. This list was update twelve years ago in Volume 5, Number 1, the Spring/Summer 2004 issue. Beginning with the 2016 issue of Sports Facility Reports, this list will be updated each year.
- Sports Facility Economic Reports, Reviews and Studies since 2000
- Sports Facility Referenda 1990 - 2016
- Fifteen years ago, the National Sports Law Institute published its first review of sports facility referenda in the United States (Volume 2, Number 2 (2001)). This research was updated in 2010 (Volume 11) and 2014 (Volume 15 (2014). Beginning with the 2016 issue of Sports Facility Reports, this research will be updated each year
- Comparison of Team Values, 2000-2015
- Eleven years ago, the National Sports Law Institute published its first report on team values in professional sports (Volume 6 (Summer 2005) years covered 1995-2005). Other reports were published in 2007 (Volume 8 (Summer 2007) years covered 1997-2006) and 2013 (Volume 14 (Summer 2013) years covered 2003-2012). Beginning with the 2016 issue of Sports Facility Reports, this research will be updated each year.
- Professional Sports League Team Relocation History, 1950-2016
- In 2001 (Volume 2, Number 2 (Fall 2001)) the National Sports Law Institute published a chart providing the history of team relocation from 1950. Beginning with the 2016 issue of Sports Facility Reports, this research will be updated each year as necessary.
- Major League Baseball (completed summer 2012)
- National Basketball Association (completed summer 2013)
- National Football League (completed summer 2012)
- National Hockey League (completed summer 2013)
The following reports were compiled from information found on team and league websites, news sources available on LEXIS, Westlaw, general webbased metasearches, and other general research. Each report is intended to provide information on facility and team financing for teams within the various sports and leagues covered.
- Major League Baseball (appendix 1)
- National Basketball Association (appendix 2)
- National Football League (appendix 3)
- National Hockey League (appendix 4)
- Soccer (appendix 5)
- Motorsports (appendix 6)
- College Facilities (appendix 7)
- Green Sports Facility Links (appendix 8)
- Professor Paul M. Anderson, Creator, Editor & Designer, NSLI Director
- Professor Matthew J. Mitten, NSLI Executive Director
- Contributors to Volume 17: Courtney Brenk (L'18), Courtney Creekmore (L'17), Jill Halverson (L'17), Emily Hartsinck (L'17), Jessica Hendrick (L'17), Ryan Jordan (L'18), and Alison Kliner (L'18).
© Copyright 2016, National Sports Law Institute of Marquette University Law School